Y connector for music

Guys,,,
stupid question but may be worth to try..
does anybody knows if there is any Y connector or something which can allow me to connect 2 headphones to my laptop.
i want any device which allows me to connect 2 headphones to my laptop.
like USB hub.
:huh:
plz help....

hehe...that Y connector actually looks like a Y...I picked up a couple for 10/- each at a local electronics store in Chennai...

I don't know if there is a specific name for it, just describe to the store guy what you are looking for....

BTW, do make sure that you do not connect very low impedance earplugs as they get connected in parallel....

Also, use earplugs of the same impedance otherwise the one with higher impedance will have lower volume

zhopudey said:
You sure it splits into two parallel signals? I think it just splits the left and right parts into two mono signals.

YUP - you get 2 stereo sockets - I have a few of these but could not find any right now to SCAN for you :(

EDIT: There are a couple of these on EBay India - they have put the name of Ipod against it and are asking for 10 times more than the ones available in Lamington Road :)

eBay India: IPLUG EARBUD SPLITTER CABLE FOR IPOD / MINI & MP3 PLAYR (item 300024551057 end time 05-Oct-2006 12:53:38 IST)

eBay India: MONSTER I SPLITTER MINI Y ADAPTER FOR IPOD (item 110035988762 end time 24-Sep-2006 15:01:58 IST)

2 stereo sockets indeed...actually there is a brand called MX, which makes very decent AV connectors...you should be able to find a MX Y connector in the local markets for sure...should be around 50/- or so

thx a ton guys for reply..
well i searched here but could find. even not in sujata computers.

does eBay wala with gold plating 700 model.. is it good one..

i have altec lancing headphones. puchased it for 1550. dont remember model. good enough. now planning for philips ka headphone - specially for bass. budget 2500 max. - any suggesion - plz no hi funda names...:no:

can anybody buy one best peace for me from lamington and ship. if it is 10 times costly then this will save good amount of moeny.

but plz make sure that you get good quality stuff.

for my iPOD i have purchased AKG headphones. costed me 5500 and they Bass like anything. even you feel your head is moving but they are too tight. good for listing 1 hr music maxxxxxxxxxxx. not after that..

video out cable for iPOD was avaliable in tokyo when i purhcased it. local cable was for 200 rs and same from Apple was for 2000.
again it was gold plated and blalblalbl..

i just dont want to spend too much but would love to get good quality.

thx in advance.

nahh...iPods use the same stad. 2.5mm stereo connectors...

well i searched here but could find. even not in sujata computers.

yeesh, don't go to computer shops...just go to an electronic parts store, the ones who keep stacks full of transistors/diode/resistors etc. in plastic boxes....

but plz make sure that you get good quality stuff.

there is no rocket science involved in this...it's just a 2.5 mm stereo pin that connects parallely to two 2.5mm sockets..

Back