Yahoo! Mail unlimited storage

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Well it appears Yahoo! is gradually upgrading e-mail accounts from a 1.0GB limit to unlimited storage, probably in an attempt to gain the upper hand over rivals.

> If you see a graphic like this, you should have unlimited storage :

> Just for confirmation, my mail box as of today looks like this:

> BUT.. not everyone will get unlimited storage according to this FAQ from Yahoo! (Unlimited Storage! - Yahoo! Mail):

Q. How does unlimited storage work?

A. It’s pretty straightforward—users that follow normal email practices and comply with our anti-abuse limits can consume an unlimited amount of free email storage. This will apply to both new and existing users.

Q. What exactly does unlimited storage mean?

A. The purpose of unlimited storage isn’t to provide an online storage warehouse. Usage that suggests this approach gets flagged by Yahoo! Mail’s anti-abuse controls.

i think they mean that you cant store huge files and you cant use it as an online storage house.

The max file size is already 10MB, what more do they want

IMO this is just a big marketing gimmick, if anybody uses more then say 3GB they'll ban the account saying he/she was abusing it

gmail rocks ... in any case ..yahoo is just trying to make up for lost marketshare , which is a futile attempt . they should try and build on a social networking site or something that is a startup . they would probably have more luck that way . in the end its all about advertizements .

wow me too.........looks like my saying came true for the 2.2tb pic ..........lol.........beware people ........
ohhh...........i forgot........ill be needing to download that pic first........maaaaaaaaaaannnn

SharekhaN said:
gmail rocks ... in any case ..yahoo is just trying to make up for lost marketshare , which is a futile attempt . they should try and build on a social networking site or something that is a startup . they would probably have more luck that way . in the end its all about advertizements .

You gmail fanboys :bleh:
BTW they do have some sort of a social networking platform - Yahoo! 360.

And yeah Yahoo does deactivate accounts.. it has a 4 month time frame. So Switch notty boy is lying :bleh:

Back