Car & Bike Yamaha Fazer Launched!

torque

Recruit
Yamaha has lauched another variant of the popular FZ 16 called the Fazer Touring Spirit in the Indian market.

Fazer essentially is the touring version of the FZ 16 with tweaks for long distance travelling. The front now comes with a color co-ordinated aerodynamic cowl to keep the wind blast at bay while the riding position has been tweaked for long hour, long distance travel and comes with special anti-skid seat skin. Twin 35W headlamps at do the lightening duties upfront to keep the vision clear and also bring it in line with global Yamaha Fazer DNA.
Dissapointingly though the engine remains the same 150cc Air-cooled SOHC 2 valver from the FZ 16 and goes against the touring nature of the bike for which extra power and torque would have been more than welcome. The engine delivers 14 ps of maximum power at 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of 14 nm @ 6000 rpm which is mated to a 5 speed gearbox and comes electric start as standard.

The new Yamaha Fazer comes in a total of four colors - Electric Blue, Lava Red, Flaming Orange and Midnight Black.
Source: Yamaha Launches Fazer With ‘Touring Spirit’ | cubi[CC]apacity

WingZero said:
Wts so special about it??..No much improvements...just some minors:(
The fairing at front will really help while touring. I did some odd 350Kms of touring on a FZ-16 and found that the wind blast was really bad especially after 70-80kmph. The fairing should solve that. Now if they had tweaked the engine as well.

Kool!!!!i think Yamaha is finally on the roll in the country....ya the fairing must be nothing much...but it shows that the company is ready to experiment...look at the variants the company has launched since the launch of the FZ16!!!and is once of the koolest looking bike on Indian roads @ the moment IMHO!!!flame on!!!:p

looks more like an extra fitting.

but for a tourer, the gearbox of FZ 16 is pathetic. It does poor on top ends, while starting and mid is ok.

i think they might ve redesigned the gearbox to touch better tops.

Look closely the fairing is quite different from the R15 fairing.

@prakashan: a 250cc at say upwards of 1.5L, i am not sure the bike will sell well let alone fetch volumes. A 250cc tourer is bad strategy especially since Bajaj might bring out the 250cc ninja which is an out and out sports bike.

geek ashish said:
I know it's little bit different.. But I think, very soon, we will see the same fairing on R15 too. R15 upgrade.

Thats unlikely the R15 shares it design DNA with the R1 which does not have a centre pilot lamp like the Fazer. Check out the Fazer fairing which has a centre pilot lamp which distinguishes it. ;)

Modded R15 Fairing + FZ16 = Fazer...

Dont know will it effect on sells of R15 and FZ16, FZ S or not.. I think it's failure try from Yamaha..

They have nothin to try. Its a 95% an FZ 16, and just added those fairing.

Even if it does affect FZ 16 or S sales, who cares? both are same bikes.same body, engine everythin.

btw the fairing comes nowhere near an R15.This fairing covers only the top, like like the one ZMA have.

but it might affect R15 sales to some extend.

Back