Car & Bike Yamaha FZ-s rear tyre badly punctured.

eggman

Adept
Damn!!
My Yamaha FZ-s rear tyre got badly punctured today.
Somehow got a mechanic, after analyzing it we found that the nail has bent in L shape and punctured the side too.
Only option he said was to make it a tube tyre and in desperation I just did what he told.

Now it's there a major disadvantage of that.
What should I do.. Should I buy a new tyre.
How much will the stock rear tyre cost and from where can I get it in Bangalore??

if the sidewall is damaged, buy a new tyre immediately.
You can use the current tyre with a tube in city (lots of tyre shops nearby), but still it's a risk.

Revz 140/60R 17" cost approx 2500
if you are ok with bias tyre, I'd suggest MRF Zapper Q TL 140/70 17"
it's less prone to punctures and as stiffer sidewalls.
slightly less cornering grip, but again it is stock size for more powerful bike CBR250r.

if the sidewall is damaged, buy a new tyre immediately.
You can use the current tyre with a tube in city (lots of tyre shops nearby), but still it's a risk.

Revz 140/60R 17" cost approx 2500
if you are ok with bias tyre, I'd suggest MRF Zapper Q TL 140/70 17"
it's less prone to punctures and as stiffer sidewalls.
slightly less cornering grip, but again it is stock size for more powerful bike CBR250r.
Thanks a lot @geek ashish .
Ya , unfortunately the side wall is damaged :(

I don't want to risk the safety at all so I will go ahead and change it.
:( Loss of so much money :(

Warranty or insurance would cover some cost or not?
the bike is less than 4 months old

Last edited by a moderator:
No manufacturer will cover tyre wear in warranty. Sucks but unfortunately true. :(

I too need to change both my tyres. Waay too many punctures on the FZ. Might go for a smaller size to help reduce the no of punctures.

recently I had to change the rear tyre of my 4 year old FZ16 - which had 16 pucture fixes. :p The bike odo showed 32K kms till then.
I replaced it with the MRF Revz stock - cost me Rs 3100 here in Kolkata. (+50 bucks for fitting)

Back