Audio Yamaha RX V463

Folks,

I am getting the mentioned for about 19k. Since have been planning to add HT to home for a pretty long time, let me know:

1. Is it good one? And better configuration for about 4-5k more?
  2. Which speaker to go for ? I am thiniking of Whaferdale
  3. Hows the price? Can get better than this?

Thanks
~LT

Marantz SR4002/4003 would be a better buy at around 25K with warranty or 20K without warranty.

Whats the speaker budget? The JBL SCS200 at 23K looks like a good deal, or if you can shell out some more ask TH about his KEF.

sarang said:
Marantz SR4002/4003 would be a better buy at around 25K with warranty or 20K without warranty.

Thanks man, I was counting on you.

sarang said:
Whats the speaker budget? The JBL SCS200 at 23K looks like a good deal, or if you can shell out some more ask TH about his KEF.

:ashamed: I need to look at the speakers first even before there price so that they can fit into the room. Ok I like those JBL. Who is TH?

~LT

linuxtechie said:
Thanks man, I was counting on you.

:ashamed: I need to look at the speakers first even before there price so that they can fit into the room. Ok I like those JBL. Who is TH?

~LT

TechHead

Besides, entry level receivers from Yamaha and Onkyo - sucks! Period. No matter what speakers you're willing to pair with it and what ears you've got.

I've seen entry-level stuff from Pioneer, Marantz & HK - they've got some good receivers at that range.

@ LT saw DSE 5.1 yesterday at Croma for around 15k and sounded nice (though am not an audiophile). In Krome mall they have set it up to a Yamaha receiver so you can go there and try, those looked good for 15k

Hey, if you can increase ur budget a little go for yamaha 563. I think 463 lacks in 24bbit/96khz and upwards processing. With HDMI blu ray becoming nor better to stick with a fully equipped reciever like yamaha 565 and/or anything from Onkyo for movies

anooj30299301 said:
Hey, if you can increase ur budget a little go for yamaha 563. I think 463 lacks in 24bbit/96khz and upwards processing. With HDMI blu ray becoming nor better to stick with a fully equipped reciever like yamaha 565 and/or anything from Onkyo for movies
Upwards processing in terms of higher resolutions? Nope, I dont need the amplifier for that, mine HTPC will take care of that. I am interested in the amplifier for the sound primarily and thats it.

Ok, folks, I am maxing at 80k for the whole audio stuff. So can u recommend me amplifier along with speakers. Jees I guess I am asking too much.
Thanks
~LT

linuxtechie said:
Upwards processing in terms of higher resolutions? Nope, I dont need the amplifier for that, mine HTPC will take care of that. in
~LT

No problem, 24/96 khz works nice and is enough for another two years as these higher resolution become norm.:clap:

The combination tech head pointed is really nice for the budget, especially the KEF's are a nice package.

Hey, I been to Croma this evening and saw the DSE 5.1 speakers. receiver was not connected, will go tomorrow and update you all. Looks good though for 15K

Back