Car & Bike Yamaha RX100 in 2023

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Does it make sense to go for the RX 100 in this age?
I'm thinking of getting a used bike and I see lots of old models of CBZ's, Pulsar's, Apache's etc. I don't really like their "street" design as I need a comfortable pillon too for second rider. Also for long rides <300km and bad roads. I already have two Scooters.

I like cruiser types but we all know how much they cost. I'm looking for Avenger series but no luck. Also can't find any good mileage bike in good condition like Discover, Splendor etc. (They were my first choices). The ones available are really poorly maintained.
If it's new then I might go for Passion Pro or TVS Raider.
Asking about the RX100 because it's a legendary bike and they are priced affordably, sub 30k.

Or if there's anyone in Guwahati/Assam area who is well versed with automobiles especially used ones and second hand market and can help me get one then that will also be very nice!

Last edited:
Would make sense to browse a certain team b** forum. There are quite a few instances of people who maintain these models and use them regularly. You may also be able to get in touch with a few folks from there based out of Assam and WB who may be able to source unit as well as parts for your interest area.

I am not too sure but registration in your name may be difficult since it is a two stroke and predates all emission norms.. might make more sense to get something that is more easily registered.

(This may be much more an issue in NCR and other larger cities, but you never know what the green tribunal orders).

I am not too sure but registration in your name may be difficult since it is a two stroke and predates all emission norms.. might make more sense to get something that is more easily registered.

(This may be much more an issue in NCR and other larger cities, but you never know what the green tribunal orders).
I think those rules are applied mainly to the cities. I live in the NE and we see a lot of old vehicles with registrations of other states. Name can be changed or can be used with original name with legal NOC but the insurance will have to be renewed.
Would make sense to browse a certain team b** forum. There are quite a few instances of people who maintain these models and use them regularly. You may also be able to get in touch with a few folks from there based out of Assam and WB who may be able to source unit as well as parts for your interest area.
That's an impossible platform.

Does it make sense to go for the RX 100 in this age?
I'm thinking of getting a used bike and I see lots of old models of CBZ's, Pulsar's, Apache's etc. I don't really like their "street" design as I need a comfortable pillon too for second rider. Also for long rides <300km and bad roads. I already have two Scooters.

I like cruiser types but we all know how much they cost. I'm looking for Avenger series but no luck. Also can't find any good mileage bike in good condition like Discover, Splendor etc. (They were my first choices). The ones available are really poorly maintained.
If it's new then I might go for Passion Pro or TVS Raider.
Asking about the RX100 because it's a legendary bike and they are priced affordably, sub 30k.

Or if there's anyone in Guwahati/Assam area who is well versed with automobiles especially used ones and second hand market and can help me get one then that will also be very nice!

RX100 or RX135 still holds well. But the prob you might face is, availability of genuine/quality parts and also a good mechanic who can do the job. Make sure these 2 things are cleared first.
Also RX100 won't give a great mileage now.
For cruising/long rides on highways for 200-300kms a day, better consider something above 200cc.

The long distance rides are not going to take place everyday. It's once in a while. 200cc used bikes only in street models which I honestly do not like that much.
My relative owned an RX100 and he liked it a lot but sold it some years ago. So I thought it would be a cool bike to own and doesn't cost a lot.

I honestly want something like this but they are not sold here. I rode Kenbo bikes a number of times and they are awesome.

Raider-R150-BW-1.png

2 stroke will be expensive to run because of its less fuel average. Not to mention, the spares availability will be much less. I haven't ridden an RX yet but I think it'll be vibey and noisy. So not really a good choice for a touring.

And yeah, do get something powerful if going for 4 stroke as you are riding for long distance.

Between CBZ, pulsar and apache, I hardly see CBZ on the roads. Apache has stiff suspension. Pulsar might be better suited for broken rodes. Why do you not like street design? I think you mean split seats. These aren't uncomfortable if pillion isn't sitting with both legs on one side.

Last edited:
The long distance rides are not going to take place everyday. It's once in a while. 200cc used bikes only in street models which I honestly do not like that much.
My relative owned an RX100 and he liked it a lot but sold it some years ago. So I thought it would be a cool bike to own and doesn't cost a lot.

I honestly want something like this but they are not sold here. I rode Kenbo bikes a number of times and they are awesome.

Well, we may not always ride for longer duration. Most of the time, the journey ends quickly.
In those rare occasions where you need to ride for longer duration, more power and endurance (& torque) are necessary. That would make the ride smoother and enjoyable ;)

Why do you not like street design? I think you mean split seats. These aren't uncomfortable if pillion isn't sitting with both legs on one side.
The pillon are usually high. My friend wanted to give me his mint condition KTM200 for cheap but I refused solely because of that. Just need a comfortable pillon rider seat.
Appreciate the feedback regarding the RX.

The pillon are usually high. My friend wanted to give me his mint condition KTM200 for cheap but I refused solely because of that. Just need a comfortable pillon rider seat.
Appreciate the feedback regarding the RX.
KTMs don't have comfortable pillion seat. You should check others too.

Rx are costly to maintain and very difficult to get genuine parts if required. Ride quality too is nothing great to speak about. They are not refined as current generation bikes
What about Honda Shine or unicorn? They are super reliable

What kind of seat are these called?
They are of Cruisers which should be obvious. They are really comfortable.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1680674540871~2.jpg
    FB_IMG_1680674540871~2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 60
  • FB_IMG_1680674004176.jpg
    FB_IMG_1680674004176.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 64
Ya that's why I said I didn't take it.
If you want comfort and legendary bikes, why not look at Ninja, if your budget allows. Though Ninja 300 has split seat, is it one of the best when it comes to comfort and power. And it is a bloody head turner.

Guys I'm not an enthusiast or a speedster lol.
Regarding the RX 100, it's not a good investment. Got it. Thanks.
I'll look for other options available locally.
Rx are costly to maintain and very difficult to get genuine parts if required. Ride quality too is nothing great to speak about. They are not refined as current generation bikes
What about Honda Shine or unicorn? They are super reliable
I actually like Unicorn. I haven't driven it but looks and specs wise it should serve my purpose well and good. But I'm looking only for used one for now as I won't drive much. And my options are pretty limited, depending on what I find oocally. I came across a cheap RX100 so I asked. Also looking out for Splendour (king of mileage imo) and Discover.

Last edited:
Back