Car & Bike Yamaha YZF R125 launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyph3r

Skilled
This bike is brilliant and is the first model in the R-Series

Its supposed to be launched around April-June 2010 for price of around 90k-125k

I will be heading to showroom tomorrow for more info. Just wanted to post here if any1 already has any update.

I really like the styling on the bike and would give you a little ride feel of the R6 (which i cant afford for another 6 yrs :p)

More details

2010 Yamaha YZF-R125

Yamaha YZF R125 - New Yamaha YZF R125 Overview | BikeDekho.com

Yamaha R125, Review, Price, Yamaha Bikes India, Comparison, Images, Variants

wtf is yamaha trying to do in India? Havnt they learned anything from R15 ? Now they are trying to comeup with a further underpowered over sexy bike which even a P150 can beat and is priced much more than even P220/ZMA.

What we need is an R250 or atleast an R200 or something.

They need to start learning from tvs/bajaj.

btw i know R125 is a successful bike in Europe. But it jst wont cut in as r15 is already here. Im seriously putting my thought on exchanging my FZ16 for the RTR 250 or anythin in that class which ll be out in nxt 2~3 months. Im dissapointed, none of the Yamahas could make it on my listing.

Lol its not easy to shit bikes u knw, u cant put a number behind the R and wish it comes to life. Yamaha is trying to get these bikes which already exist overseas first. Although this is what the R15 should've been like, this does sound overpriced but its worth 90k for sure if the build quality and parts are better than those pulsars, plasticky zma's and the tv sundarams .
If u want only performance maybe the rtr 250 is for u but that bike looks like a bull smashed in the face with a frying pan.
Also i dont think the P150 can beat this.

dOm1naTOr said:
wtf is yamaha trying to do in India? Havnt they learned anything from R15 ? Now they are trying to comeup with a further underpowered over sexy bike which even a P150 can beat and is priced much more than even P220/ZMA.

What we need is an R250 or atleast an R200 or something.

They need to start learning from tvs/bajaj.

btw i know R125 is a successful bike in Europe. But it jst wont cut in as r15 is already here. Im seriously putting my thought on exchanging my FZ16 for the RTR 250 or anythin in that class which ll be out in nxt 2~3 months. Im dissapointed, none of the Yamahas could make it on my listing.

If u want only performance maybe the rtr 250 is for u but that bike looks like a bull smashed in the face with a frying pan.

There have been no official pics of rtr250,the pic based upon which you are making your comment is a psED pic.

Yamaha should launch 2-stroke 250cc bike.As they known for 2-stroke bikes like legendary xt500.

Well the normal RTR headlights arent attractive either, and for 95k i doubt it will be a major change just like the pulsars.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
There have been no official pics of rtr250,the pic based upon which you are making your comment is a psED pic.

psyph3r said:
Well the normal RTR headlights arent attractive either, and for 95k i doubt it will be a major change just like the pulsars.

Let me enlighten you.

Apache are one of the best looking bikes currently in India.

And the RTR250 is gonna get a full fairing and would be different from it predecessors

Well i dont like the Apache, too friggin small, no bigger than a platina, fck it bike preference is very subjective and varies individually, no point arguing over different opinions.

Theres just a major confusion for me over what to purchase, i have 125k to spend but if all else doesnt work out i ll just go get the Classic 350

Heres the other options.

I have been test riding multiple bikes since the past month and am looking for something new. Also whats currently available does not interest me.

Honda CBR150R, Review, Price, Honda Bikes India, Comparison, Images, Variants - GOod VFM atleast on paper

Launching New Honda KYZ 250cc |Tech News India - No specs out yet but looks like its from 2005

KTM 125 Race and Stunt motorcycles | Indiaon2wheels, India's first online motorcycle magazine - Looks neat but goin by the parts it aint gonna be lower that 2 lakhs , plus i am 23 now , looks too flashy for me.

Also someone plz tell what this is :p

Yamaha TZ R50, Review, Price, Yamaha Bikes India, Comparison, Images, Variants

What i meant was, whats the need for this R125 when there is R15 here in market for more than 2 yrs and people are complaining it to be underpowered for its price and looks, which is atleast 17 bhp. This new one costs a freaking 90k and is jst ~14 bhp!!! And by any means, quality and looks cant suffice power, or am i wrong?

ive been hearing lots of good things about the new P180. Also apache has improved a lot from the original apache 150 to RTR to the new 180 FI. Hope its even better on the 250 one.

I seriously feel my FZ16 to be underpowered :( for the price,looks and fuel economy it gives. c'mon 14 bhp is way too low for a 90k bike. It might well make chocolate boys happy, who pees on 50+ kmph :rofl: and still want fake look of an R1 :rofl:

So we Indian bikers will always suffer i guess.

There are a million of us who want something desperately but none of these manufacturers know what it is.

sigh

^^ Whatever Yamaha is trying to fool people with just looks. Just like their brand ambassador John who fools girls with his u know what :rofl:

ANyway Yamaha has less than 10% share :rofl:

Lol that thread is more than a year old.

A lot of things change in 12 months.

I will clarify for myself when i go to the showroom tomorrow.

_pappu_ said:
2 stroke, is impossible, what with the emission norms

buddy i think u know nothing abut 2-stroke.2-strokes r delight to ride.And indian 2-stroke yamaha rd-350 what a bike man,can beat any indian made bike today.In motogp 2-strokes dominates the competition before the implication of 800cc category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back