Yay!!! BSNL introduces more lousy plans

chiron

Skilled
Anyone hoping that they would follow in the footsteps of MTNL prepare to be disappointed. The only slight improvement is that for rural areas instead of home 750UL they have UL500 (512 Kbps upto 4 GB & 256 Kbps beyond 4 GB). For Gujarat, Punjab and AP its UL625 for 256kbps and they are also continuing with the existing plans. So we have over 9000 plans giving us a couple of choices :D

Attachments

• Circular No.34 (18032010).pdf
    198.8 KB · Views: 393
I'm sure they are well aware of their income from each plan and what the competition is providing at what price. By not maintaining parity with the current market prices/speeds/data limits it's a clear statement of indecision or inability to stay competitive.
Looks like they are trying to show that they are doing something while doing nothing.

Gaurish said:
Well, if you look closely there are some good VFM plans, which are alteast better than present ones:

Kidding man? I am expecting them to give me something truly unlimited and high speed, even if I am willing to pay them there is no good plan. Those baste****!

+LT

linuxtechie said:
Kidding man? I am expecting them to give me something truly unlimited and high speed, even if I am willing to pay them there is no good plan. Those baste****!

+LT

I am talking about users from certain circles, their charges got reduced. so its good news for them;)

but we are still waiting for good plans....

Whatever the price may be, BSNL is useless for its CC and for torrent downloading. Then what is the use. 1st of all the CC guys need basic computer coaching...

BSNL sure has some people with diabolical minds working for them. Under pressure to reduce their charges to more reasonable one- they come out with this crap I mean HOME COMBO 1000 1 mbps WITH 8 gb Upper limit and Home combo- 1100 2 Mbps with 9 gb upper limit ?
It is like a old time saying "giving milk to child with Gobar mixed in it". This is typical of these organisations run by BABUS they come out with whacky schemes which really mean nothing.

guys i m on bsnl 750 UL plan punjab circle ,

wuill my plan be automaticaaly changed to 625 now or i have to send them a letter to get my plan changed ,

i mean is this applicable for existing customers also or only to new connections ?

and BTW bsnl website doesnt show any new plans its still the old ones under home unlimited category

i m confused!

Who knows? I'm sure the BSNL engineers are incompetent enough that their provider (Airtel) and other private operators must be sabotaging their networks/service quality without BSNL even knowing about it.

Right now it looks like BSNL is going downhill, I hope they get privatised sooner rather than later.

I'm currently thinking of taking Tata Photon+ as backup to my BSNL broadband due to frequent downtimes and then eventually (after waiting a few months) drop BSNL altogether for maybe Airtel (assuming I can get their service in my area) if things don't improve quickly...

vishalrao said:
Who knows? I'm sure the BSNL engineers are incompetent enough that their provider (Airtel) and other private operators must be sabotaging their networks/service quality without BSNL even knowing about it.

Right now it looks like BSNL is going downhill, I hope they get privatised sooner rather than later.

I'm currently thinking of taking Tata Photon+ as backup to my BSNL broadband due to frequent downtimes and then eventually (after waiting a few months) drop BSNL altogether for maybe Airtel (assuming I can get their service in my area) if things don't improve quickly...

Not everone in country have bad service from BSNL. If you have any issue in service, why not you lodge complaint to BSNL GM of your area for the quick action. To be honest I never had any continued issue in BSNL broadband since last 3-4 years and I am hardcore internet user (12-20 hour online / downloading)

^ yes same i do but not happy with the speed :|

cause 1 mbps or 768 kbps would be better that why i am plan to change new plan next months 600 kbps come with 700 r.s per months at different isp user (wilmax )

why the heck do the UL plans have a usage factor in them? and why do the BSNL guys like 256kbps speed so much? All plans seem to be made only for sake of making new plans.

vishalrao said:

Well I am a BSNL broadband user for 2 years now

I'll be honest , the speeds are awesome , never ever experienced what downtime is .

BSNL Home 500c rocks . The only problem in India is FUP . I mean , I want to kow the guy who first proposed the idea of FUP . I mean WTF , are you crazy or don't you know the proper definition of unlimited ?

I tell you , if I get my hands on that guy , I'll sh**t that guy

I mean , that guy is maybe enjoying all the luxuries that one may desire for proposing an idea which has helped broadband distributors like Airtel , Reliance etc and the irony of fate is his plans are starting to affect government BSNL office too

6pack said:
why the heck do the UL plans have a usage factor in them? and why do the BSNL guys like 256kbps speed so much? All plans seem to be made only for sake of making new plans.

Coz 256kbps was the first unlimited broadband (not HIGH SPEED ) plan in India .

India is a country know for holding on to it heritage . Like we are doing now , after every FUP 256kbps is a must

@virus32win and @Anubis... I should clarify my statements: actually I've been a BSNL Broadband customer since "day one" (since early 2005) when it was launched - Both in Pune and when I was in Bangalore for a couple of years. I don't plan to switch away from BSNL unless the service gets really horrible... right now I'm on 8 mbps plan 2799 with 50GB limit and its very good for me.

I am just thinking of "backup" plans... like you have inverters for power cuts - I plan to have a USB dongle (or two!) as "backup" for precious Internet connectivity :D

Right now I'm thinking of grabbing BSNL's EVDO 750 UL offer and ALSO trying out Tata Photon+ 650 1gb plan! One of them I will use at home and the other I will give my Aunt for her use depending on which works best in which location...

With all these power cuts expected this summer and crappy internet service THIS MEANS GUERILLA WAR and I'm locking and loading, so to speak.

Back