Yet another recommend me an MP3 player thread.

I know we might have had a few of these in the past but nothing turns up that would be like what I am looking for so help me out here.

Need an MP3 player my (crappy) Transcend is now with my sis.

1 Price 7000 RS Max.
2 Capacity 4 GB minimum.

Other than that I dont need video support as I already have a PSP for that. But it has to be portable (ie small in size). No FM tuner needed either. In fact no extra add ons are fine by me.

But it has to have excellent sound quality. And support for FLAC, ogg etc audio formats.

Thanks in advance.

If you need ogg and FLAC support + good audio quality - there would be very few brands left - Cowon and Meizu.

YOu can consider Cowon - D2 or iAudio7

and Meizus - M6 miniplayer or M3 Music card.

Cowons are a bit expensive than meizus, but I think all are within your budget.

This wiki page has a list of players that support ogg -> PortablePlayers - XiphWiki

You could ask Katmandude for a 4gb cowon d2, that should fit in your budget :D.

or go for the Meizu in that GO organised on TE, you wont regret it :D

4gb Cowon D2 about 135.00 on Amazon.. bought one for the wife and I, they are awesome. You can then add a 4gb (or more if you choose) High Speed Memory card for about $40.00 -$45.00

It has 52hrs of music playback on a full charge... sound quality is amazing too.

Since the OP is more interested in just audio and wants smaller sized player, I would suggest Cowon iAudio7 or Meizu M3 Music card.

I have Meizu M3 and so far its been a very good experience. I can just put it in my wallet. Only thing is, dont have any good carry case for ep-630.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The Cowon D2 looks really good but I think it would be out of my 7000 RS budget range.

Cowon iAudio7 seems just about perfect is it available in India (Delhi)?

Does the Miezu suppost FLAC? The Amazon page doesnt mention it.

Not sure if Cowons are available in India.

Meizus support FLAC encoded files. Have checked it.

There is a surat based distri for Meizu and I think there is also a GO on M6 miniplayer - check the market section.

I'm using the meizu m6. SQ is just awesome especially when its paired with a decent pair of earphones. would easily recommend it.

The meizu comes in 4 & 8 gig variants. It supports FLAC. The meizu m6 is more of a PMP as it has video playback also. If ur requirements are audio alone you could take a look at the M3.

You can get both players through katmandude here on TE.

Back