OC & Modding Yippeeee!!!! Finally i made it a sempron!!! :D

yippee.finally made up the guts to open the cabby n change the switches to do the following:

1st fig: cpu before

2nd fig: cpu after

3rd: asus pc probe temp..

:clap: :clap: :clap:

now i hav a doubt: how much is the allowed temperature... i meant maximum... :ashamed:

Attachments

• cpu1.jpg
    cpu1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 126
  • oc-cpu.jpg
    oc-cpu.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 130
  • asus-probe2.jpg
    asus-probe2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 119
bluediamond said:
hey, then wats the normal temperatures under all conditions.. i meant normal and maximum temps.. :huh:
:( *my happiness all gone now*
Normal for a sempron would be 45 idle, 55-60 max on load. Does your case have an exhaust and an intake fan? (other than the cpu and power supply) If not, get a couple of 80mm ones. Wont cost more than 100 bucks each.

COngrats!!! But take care of those temps.... they are insane!!! As Chaos said, try reseating the CPU and install a couple of 80mm fans...... and if yopu do not know how to, please pay a computer guy to do it for you..... it is very risky otherwise....

I was? am not really sure.. but i was and still am the Spam Manager// :bleh:

but lets not deviate from the topic :p

TheMask posted 1.05 minutes later:

SM n GM are one and the same .. different in being fancy names.. heheh.. hope that clears up ur doubt

congrats blue... do you notice any difference before and after the speed bump ? :D

bottle said:
congrats blue... do you notice any difference before and after the speed bump ? :D
actually i dint noticed any..
was very happy i did it..(khushi se nach rahi thi...) but now :(
the first response frm blade n chaos blew away all my happiness.. cudnt enjoy or notice the difference... :cry:

Dont be let down.
What worse can happen ?
Your Sempron will fry,its ok,after all its a sempron...
You can get a new chip if it does fry.
That shudnt dampen your OC spirits.

I don't think it can even fry..... The computer will shut down if the temp goes too high............

So, Blue, Don't worry too much.... the worst that can happen is that your computer will shutdown unexpectedly.... that is all..... but you better ask a pro to come and refit the heatsink on the CPU by applying some Arctic Silver 5 .,

Nah I agree with darklord. whats the worst that could happen the processor will fry and some transistors on mobo would blow. Blue I say you try harder .. why dont you try water cooling. Actually what you can do is drop some drops of water every now and then on the heat sink to bring the temp down.

why all are saying about frying my sempron... it anyways cost me above 10 with mobo + proc + ram.. i suffered one mobo/proc bust recently only.. and the defect was the mobo/ proc got heated up..( tats wat the ppl said!) i dont want the same to happen here too..maybe the heat was high for the earlier one too, i just cudnt detect it... i think its not due to overclocking.. so will try to lower the temp.. :)
anyway, managed to make it a sempron, thank u guys :yahoo:
hmm, so h/w is not tat difficult :bleh:

bluediamond said:
why all are saying about frying my sempron... it anyways cost me above 10 with mobo + proc + ram.. i suffered one mobo/proc bust recently only.. and the defect was the mobo/ proc got heated up..( tats wat the ppl said!) i dont want the same to happen here too..maybe the heat was high for the earlier one too, i just cudnt detect it... i think its not due to overclocking.. so will try to lower the temp.. :)
anyway, managed to make it a sempron, thank u guys :yahoo:
hmm, so h/w is not tat difficult :bleh:
i cant believe my eyes...if wat i'm reading is true..then
congrats blue..keep it up. :D

btw, trade secret
heating more proccys and blowing more mobos is the fastest
and sureshot way to learn h/w :bleh:

Back