Budget 51-70k Yoga 2 0r Macbook Air ??

ami_07

Disciple
Hey friends , planning to get a new Laptop but right now confused between Lenovo's Yoga 2 & Macbook Air. Though i wanted to go for Yoga 2 but my friends told me , if i'm getting Macbook Air for around the same price than I should go for it.

My Basic usages are : net surfing ,torrent downloads, music & movies.

cons i find in Lenovo Yoga 2 : good touchscreen display , 500GB HDD (while in Macbook Air i will get only 256 SSD). So please help me out in making a wise decision !!

go with the o.s you are comfortable with. if u want more space > then lenovo is the one to get

as for ur usage both of them will do the job just fine.. ur not going wrong with either purchase,
1 more plus for the lenovo would be the 3 yr warranty .. on mac u will have spend 10k one yr down the line to extend 2 more yrs .
air will last longer (better battery) - will be lighter i suppose

Both are excellent laptops. Hard to find faults.

if its torrent downloads, I suggest you go with the BIGGER HDD. and also, is SSD suitable for longtime downloads? I mean the read/write is being performed constantly. Doesn't it affect the life of an HDD?

And touch screen on laptops is a waste of time. I have the Acer Aspire S7. Never ever I reach over and touch the screen for anything. Well, perhaps on the metro screen. But they are doing it away. So.

And as said above, Air battery life is light years ahead of the Yoga. :).

Torrents on SSD is probably a bad idea. SSD cells have limited number of write cycles.

You might want to split you budget and get a cheap dedicated machine for torrents.

Torrents on SSD is probably a bad idea. SSD cells have limited number of write cycles.

You might want to split you budget and get a cheap dedicated machine for torrents.

Despite limited write cycles, a normal SSD these days will easily last 10yrs even with daily torrent use.

I bought macbook air 13 from Amazon & returned it in 15 days. I used hackintosh desktop for 5 yrs before buying a mac.

I felt it to be tad slow, battery life is not as good as advertised. Especially if you use USB devices.

The most annoying part was it's screen, with full HD (my TV, mobile etc) everywhere the MBA screen is unappealing. It has very limited viewing angles.
4gb ram is also limiting the multitasking abilities.

Buy Macbook pro Retina if you can afford. The weight difference isn't much.
Else yoga 2 is a good choice.

Either way even if you buy online, go to a showroom and use it for some time before you buy.

Back