YONO's problem with Anydesk

squarepotatoe

Disciple
I use Anydesk for personal use. I'm in college and I use my PC at home remotely so I need Anydesk. I also need YONO but it won't allow me to use it without uninstalling Anydesk. PayTM also prompted me about this app but there was an option for me to continue having both on my device.

Is there any way to 'hide' Anydesk from YONO?

Is there any way to 'hide' Anydesk from YONO?
Nope. Only option is to uninstall Anydesk and use your banking app. If you need to remote into your desktop, why use an app which redirects everything via their own servers when you have so many serverless options available.

If you absolutely need to use Anydesk, then one option you can try is install island in your phone. Install and run YONO from island profile. Then it won't see Anydesk.

In general, there's no option to hide list of installed apps from any app. What I wrote above is a workaround.

Recently some banks, like ICICI, have started disallowing app use if you have turned on developer options. Couldn't find a workaround for that. Had to simply uninstall it and resort to using the absolutely crappy mobile web version.

An alternate geeky solution which may have less chance of working,

Some apps like banking apps have been given a permission called QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES. It tells them what other apps are installed on your phone. Users can't enable or disable this permission.

There's an app called appcloner. It's a powerful app that lets you clone an app by modifying some of the parameters. It can remove this permission. But it's a paid feature though.

Even if you do modify the app, there's a chance that it could detect it was modified and may refuse to run.

Back