Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Please elaborate on this part. I've started this twice and given up because of the combat.
Elden Ring is a really vast game. You don't have to be stuck on a boss, if you can't kill a boss in 5-10 tries just leave, go find a cave, kick some ass, and level up. I died almost 500 times to the tree sentinal near the Church of Elleh at the start of the game only to realize I don't need to do that. Find cool weapons, caves, side missions, quests etc... bottom line with Elden Ring you can do the stuff you like.

Just finished Doom Eternal TAG Part 2.

Started TLOU Part 1. With the newest patch, the game is extremely stable and playable now. Those graphics :hungry:

Please elaborate on this part. I've started this twice and given up because of the combat.

+25% attack & +25% damage reduction is good enough to make it easier for most IMO. So, your call. I finished it using that mod, enjoyed the build crafting.

@Black_Hawk Is there any way to play project IGI at high fps? It runs at 30 fps for me.

I was running the GOG version of the game and it initially stuttered quite a bit on Windows 10. I then proceeded to install Voodoo like it shows in this video below:

(^^ The guy has a weird accent but at least he explains how to get it done lucidly).

The game unfortunately is locked at 30FPS and I didn't find any way to unlock it. :(

IMG_7042.jpeg
IMG_7043.jpeg

What a game… wow…

Completed I.G.I.- 2: Covert Strike (PC)

Some of the levels in this game has so many random enemy spawns even though the mission map shows no enemies when checked... very annoying! The last mission was a nightmare to complete because game kept crashing to desktop!

Finally.....after a lot of grinding, dying, grinding, and then dying again n again n again, I did it...I am a Platinum Elden Lord. Started playing back in Jan/Feb

Love this shit so much, I just started a NG+ and a new playthrough with a different build. This shit is addictive.

Note: For anyone hesitant to start this game due to time constraints or whatever, this game is generations ahead of its time and you can enjoy it without subjecting yourself to misery. I would highly recommend trying it at least once.

View attachment 171896
I gave up because I just couldn't understand the frickin storyline! Like wtf is happening? Why am I maiden-less (stereotypical gamer stuff I guess)! The combat is super fun and after a lot of grinding I did get to a good point but I need to connect with the story in order to play a game
Elden Ring is a really vast game. You don't have to be stuck on a boss, if you can't kill a boss in 5-10 tries just leave, go find a cave, kick some ass, and level up. I died almost 500 times to the tree sentinal near the Church of Elleh at the start of the game only to realize I don't need to do that. Find cool weapons, caves, side missions, quests etc... bottom line with Elden Ring you can do the stuff you like.
Iirc it took me around 20ish minutes to kill that golden horse rider (and a shit ton of retries). It really is a fun game if you like grinding and studying your opponents.

Has anyone complete Spider-man. I just 100%ed the NG+

Its legit how open world games are meant to be done, great combat, fun traversal and engaging story, so simple yet so easy to get wrong.

Any other games that get these three done?

Its legit how open world games are meant to be done, great combat, fun traversal and engaging story, so simple yet so easy to get wrong.

Play Miles Morales, is kind of like its DLC.

Ubisoft had a gem of a game named Driver: San Francisco
I recall it being one of the best open world games ever. I don't really remember much about storyline of the game because it came out ages ago but I have a few fond memories of it.

Play Miles Morales, is kind of like its DLC.
That's a no brainer, finished it right after the first one. the first one is just a much fuller game can't lie

Ubisoft had a gem of a game named Driver: San Francisco
I recall it being one of the best open world games ever. I don't really remember much about storyline of the game because it came out ages ago but I have a few fond memories of it.
Nostalgic! I remember having the other driver games and it felt like shitty GTA 3 but then Driver SF was so much different

Playing Pillars of Eternity. Also pending Divinity Sin II>
Finished Divinity Sin I

List:
Witcher 2 and 3
Neverwinter Nights (try again!)
Elder Scrolls - 3,4,5
Hades
Pillars of Eternity II:Deadfyre
I think I am set for life, with these games :sweatsmile:

Nostalgic! I remember having the other driver games and it felt like shitty GTA 3 but then Driver SF was so much different
There were other driver games!? I only knew of San Francisco and it was amazing.
That's a no brainer, finished it right after the first one. the first one is just a much fuller game can't lie
Agreed. It's easier to like Peter's personality imo. I find his banter, stupid dad jokes, and puns quite funny. In contrast, Miles is rather dull but has cool abilities. I can't wait to play Spider-Man 2. Black Spidey feels slightly like Robert Pattinson's Batman who is just done with this shit and wants to finish things (not as brutal as Batman but from Spidey's perspective, he feels pretty gritty)

I gave up because I just couldn't understand the frickin storyline! Like wtf is happening? Why am I maiden-less (stereotypical gamer stuff I guess)! The combat is super fun and after a lot of grinding I did get to a good point but I need to connect with the story in order to play a game

Iirc it took me around 20ish minutes to kill that golden horse rider (and a shit ton of retries). It really is a fun game if you like grinding and studying your opponents.
FromSoft games hide their story in notes, item descriptions, and boss weapon descriptions. This is true for almost all FromSoft games, but once you follow the lore from Elden ring wiki, even the most mundane fights become interesting. And the RPG elements are unlike any other, the sheer no of playstyles you can choose, weapons, upgrade paths, etc is jaw-dropping. And the satisfaction of killing the hardest bosses video games have to offer :). I fell in love with Malenia, to the point that in one of my NG+, I am not gonna kill her.

FromSoft games hide their story in notes, item descriptions, and boss weapon descriptions. This is true for almost all FromSoft games, but once you follow the lore from Elden ring wiki, even the most mundane fights become interesting. And the RPG elements are unlike any other, the sheer no of playstyles you can choose, weapons, upgrade paths, etc is jaw-dropping. And the satisfaction of killing the hardest bosses video games have to offer :). I fell in love with Malenia, to the point that in one of my NG+, I am not gonna kill her.
The sense of achievement is unparalleled. I will definitely give the game another go with the wiki in mind. One thing that I absolutely hate is that FromSoft doesn't care much about us Ultrawide-monitor gamers :(
Also, good luck with courting Malenia, the blade of Miquella XD

The sense of achievement is unparalleled. I will definitely give the game another go with the wiki in mind. One thing that I absolutely hate is that FromSoft doesn't care much about us Ultrawide-monitor gamers :(
Ohh man every time she says "I'm Malenia, blade of Miquella" Damnnn literal chills. That is how you create strong female characters, a lady who went through all hardships and became the most fearsome warrior even after losing half of her limbs, It just makes you feel small and somehow respect an imaginary character.
:hearteyes: also, any man who wants to be humbled should fight her once

I definitely don't want to put extra effort beyond game time. I will recommend a game like AC Origins/Odyssey over Elden Ring to most gamers because of the difficulty & easier to follow story.

You like it, others like it, fine. But I was sorely disappointed with Elden Ring, more so because it could have been much better. The build crafting, types of enemies/bosses, even the open world were great, but let down for me by its difficulty, story & few other mechanics. I used the easy mod to take care of difficulty, 60fps is not great but was ok for me & for story, my friend is a fan of Elden Ring, so he let me know what was happening. Coop could have been a seamless experience as well.

I did replay AC Origins for 2nd time after Elden Ring to see if I indeed found it better & yes, I will prefer Origins over Elden Ring.

Anyways, just my opinion.

Back