Your reviews about white hat jr. thing (taken over by some big brand) ?

Futureized

Skilled
Lots of kids in premises got enrolled, since it was not much big for millionaire parents, but results where 0..

How can a kid at age 6-12-14 make a geeeeks app, shown in adverts..

1 of the kid in same stuff, is under huuuge depression..

Just posted to check views of anyone else ? who enrolled kids.
Not against that white jr thing.. but false advertisements ?

Was it worth ?

Good marketing can make anything happen and the worst disadvantage of this is that it has snatched even the childhood of the kids. Websites like these lure the parents into making their kids a Jeff Bezos or Steve Jobs, but forget that kids need more than just coding lessons. I too have seen a number of such relatives of mine planning to get coding classes for their 1 or 2 year old kids and making them a "Chintu" who developed an app to attract the investors of the world. While the noobs get really attracted to such marketing gimmicks, the ones in the coding industry know the truth about them.
And when a person tries to raise his or her voice against this tomfoolery, these brands try to shut the person by slapping huge legal sues. Perhaps people must get aware that their kids do not need coding lesson while they are still in their nappies. At least let them speak before admitting them to a play school and let them be mature enough to understand what they need before forcing a hobby. Yes, the competition is tough, but there is still a chance. Many people succeeded late, but they did in time to make a name for them.

We, as a responsible society must play our part to ensure we put an end to the sustained abuse their employees go through. The people at Byjus act like they own their employees.

PS: I actually heard the kind of abuse the sales manager hurled at my friend when we were traveling together and it was reprehensible and upsetting.

Also, your kids are not commodities.

They really went downhill quicker after acquisition by Byjus. Bombarding with ads everywhere and they are targeting the Indian mentality of coaching classes.
They lure parents with false claims.
The issue beyond this is that they hire teachers without any prior experience in coding. There was a job advertisement that was pulled down which clearly indicated that 'No Coding' experience is required.
There is a video from Pradeep Poonia which shows their 'demo' class :

They have also filed a defamation case against Pradeep for exposing them. You can check the entire channel in above link for it.
Here is an interview from him where he discusses the issue with Whitehat:

^^ This: My aforementioned friend who worked as a customer care executive in Flipkart before, was trained by Byjus to go to kids who download the app’s, house masquerading as an educator, (where all he does is show them some questions online to which he was thought the answers well in advance) and put up these reasonably hard questions to the kid, in front of the kids parents, to prove to them that their kid is not learning well and he will fail in the real world. It’s unethical and unfair to the kid and might even effect his confidence and mental health. These people make money by destroying our kids self worth.

Some witty kids kick my friends @ss by posing more complex responses, when this happens, the manager abuses my friend, since he won’t be able to contact the parents anymore for follow up.

Psychopathic business model.

Last edited:
Ok here's what I think. Giving people fake hopes and agressive selling and calling makes it look like they want money nothing else. And the same has been proven by poonia's videos.
Our country has a rich reputation of selling education as business. Kota for eg sells iit and other competitive exams.
I recall having a schoolmate who was preparing for iit(it was around when both of us were in 11th std). I asked him what will he do if he doesn't pass and he said suicide will be one option. God I hope he was kidding.
However, you see my point here. Plus we are talking about kids here, they don't know what is right what is wrong. You tell me them go get something from your house for some rupee I bet they will do it.
Their minds are very fragile and this is the time where they develop their brains. If this is also taken from them then I don't know kya hoga bharat ke future ka.

Every time I saw those ads, I used to wonder how can kids of age 5 and 6 be so motivated about learning coding! I know coding is huge right now and is the future. But in the age when kids are supposed to develop social skills and eventually become aware about their likes, dislikes and inclinations, pushing them toward learning coding just so parents can fulfil their dream of achieving name and fame is just ridiculous.
The problem is that big names like Madhuri Dixit, Farah Khan and now Hritik Roshan have been involved in advertising a bogus idea of making your child a coder, as if there's nothing else in the world to do. Celebrities should be held responsible for not showcasing a sense of moral responsibility in such cases and advertising products/services which might possibly hamper human beings in the long run !

The White Hat Jr. controversy is just a huge lesson for us and anybody practicing false advertising should forgo it.

Every time I saw those ads, I used to wonder how can kids of age 5 and 6 be so motivated about learning coding! I know coding is huge right now and is the future. But in the age when kids are supposed to develop social skills and eventually become aware about their likes, dislikes and inclinations, pushing them toward learning coding just so parents can fulfil their dream of achieving name and fame is just ridiculous.
The problem is that big names like Madhuri Dixit, Farah Khan and now Hritik Roshan have been involved in advertising a bogus idea of making your child a coder, as if there's nothing else in the world to do. Celebrities should be held responsible for not showcasing a sense of moral responsibility in such cases and advertising products/services which might possibly hamper human beings in the long run !

The White Hat Jr. controversy is just a huge lesson for us and anybody practicing false advertising should forgo it.
You forgot Sharukhan.. man how boldly he pushes the point in the ads from Byjus that the kids from 6th std require coaching.

I would also like to highlight that there are way better resources on the internet for coding and learning anything in general.
I still don't get why do kids need Whitehat Jr to learn it.
I have always admired and believe that education needs to be delivered like Khan Academy.

Here is a small update on the case:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-07-12-22-11-97.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-07-12-22-11-97.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 184
The problem is with the parents who just darn won't accept that not every human being is Elon Musk or Albert Einstein.
There are people who are good in other stuff except MBA/Engg/Medical, and then there are people who are good at nothing that can earn huge money or fame.

I have 2 year and 9 month old son at home and all my in laws were pressuring us to start studying our son at home, team him abcd, teach him 1-10,teach him how to write.

Last time in diwali we met, I seriously have to get angry to stop telling us what to do with our son.. They telling me their grandson is only 2 year old but speak abcd so we should teach our kid.

How can you even think about schooling 2 year kid.

I have 2 year and 9 month old son at home and all my in laws were pressuring us to start studying our son at home, team him abcd, teach him 1-10,teach him how to write.

Last time in diwali we met, I seriously have to get angry to stop telling us what to do with our son.. They telling me their grandson is only 2 year old but speak abcd so we should teach our kid.

How can you even think about schooling 2 year kid.
Normal nowadays. In fact i get the same advice from my wife and in-laws, which I've ignored completely. When my son was 3.5 years old, the school called us and asked us to show him to some speech therapist as he didn't converse much (obviously I ignored). He is 5 now and well versed in English & a few other languages

Ignore all thes dumb advices. Each child is unique and grows at their own phase. More Important is to get physical & mental development by playing and doing activities. Number & ABCD will come naturally as time passersby

Back