Your View on Apple MacBook Pro Retina Display?

Amax

NP550P-SO2IN | i7 Core | GT 650 | 8 GB RAM | 1TB
Disciple
I was waiting for this retina display technology in Apple macbook pro?
But this price range 1.5L and 1.9L :scared14: too much re!
This gadzet is too expensive :( I agree that quality, technology all are superior, but still I expected better pricing hoping this was the first launch in Macbook series after Steve Jobs?
Did Apple screwed up in pricing it or they did right? whats your view will this "FERRARI RUN ON INDIAN ROAD"?

If I had the money, I'd buy it without a a second thought.

the thing with Apple products are they have great life, I know a friend who has a 3 year old Macbook not Pro/Air and it still offers 5-6 hours of battery and thwy way Mac OSX runs on it makes other operating systems look rather clunky.

I was really hoping Windows would release something which would take Windows 7 to the next level, but their decision to choose Metro UI for the desktop is disheartening.

If I had the money, I'd buy it without a a second thought.

the thing with Apple products are they have great life, I know a friend who has a 3 year old Macbook not Pro/Air and it still offers 5-6 hours of battery and thwy way Mac OSX runs on it makes other operating systems look rather clunky.

I was really hoping Windows would release something which would take Windows 7 to the next level, but their decision to choose Metro UI for the desktop is disheartening.

My 4 year old Studio XPS 16 has given me no problems either. And I aint kidding when I say I run it 23 hours a day on average.

Happened the same with me, I was disappointed with the original pricing. If we get it from USA we can get it as cheap as 1.3L, but here in India they've nearly raised the price by 20k.

There are rumors floating on the internet, it looks like Apple is making a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display and scheduled release in October. Waiting for it will be a better option then.

I am waiting for the launch of MBP13" With Retina. The one with supposedly 2560x1600 res
If it has the specs of a Base 15 cMBP and retails at 90k, I am game! Else, need to import

As for the screen, its great but by no means the best laptop screen in the world. Is it better than 2011 MBP ? Yes it certainly is. But is it the best laptop screen in the world today? Not at all.
Contrast ratio is great but many other laptops have higher contrast, viewing angles are good but then there are laptops much cheaper with similar viewing angles.
Coming to the biggest weakness of the Retina screen - Color accuracy !. It doesn't cover even the sRGB color space completely, AdobeRGB is covered about 70% only.

So in conclusion, great for sharpness buffs or those who own an Iphone 4/4s/Ipad3. But for someone who needs a machine for serious photo/video editing it isn't the best choice.

Hugely overpriced IMO for a screen that is nothing out of the ordinary except for resolution.

Honestly tell you i am using a md 313 13inch purchased it last week from a TE member the screen depth is really pristine
Not worth spending so much money on a retina display is worth unless u deal with heavy Graphic and studio work

Rest even the lower models of the macbooks perform like a beast, was using windows machine since last 5 years this is a first time i updated to mac i am really happy with the machine

Looking at the display number in the anandtech review, it seems to be pretty good to me. Is it THE BEST display available? Probably not, but I would say its right up there. And as far as the "Retina" branding goes, its just another marketing term. For me, the best thing Apple has done in the rMBP is the SSD and 8GB of RAM. Can't over-emphasize how much of a difference a good SSD can make to the user experience. And thank God Apple went with one of the fastest available SSD controllers in the market(Samsung 830). For a user like me, who upgrades only once in 3-4 years, this is a major selling point.

Back