Your views about Olympus

joelf15

Disciple
Interested in buying a camera what are your views of the Olympus FE370 Olympus 1010

I also liked the H10 but a,little bulky.

I wonder y no 1 on te has commented about Olympus are there any issues with olympus they are good features with a good price!! Whts ur say?:huh:

Ps: PLs move this to the General Portables section!

joelf15 said:
Interested in buying a camera what are your views of the Olympus FE370 Olympus 1010

I also liked the H10 but a,little bulky.

I wonder y no 1 on te has commented about Olympus are there any issues with olympus they are good features with a good price!! Whts ur say?:huh:

Ps: PLs move this to the General Portables section!

Simple reason is that olympus is not as good quality as other manufacturers :) Similar prices can get you better cameras from others.

Not really... my boss @ werk bought Olympus a couple of days back and we were doing R and D on it @ werk... its a GOOD CAM! he bought it for 10k (dont know model no. for sure). Was amazingly better than Sony Cybershot which other colleague has :O

^^ Olympus cams are quite good. They don't do much marketing for them unfortunately. Also most Oly cams dont have manual controls like the Canon cams making them pure P&S cams and don't really contribute to anyone learning more about photography.

Most Oly cams will have a higher zoom compared to the competition (5x zoom and above). They are also much sleeker than the Canon/Nikon counterparts.

i mainly want a cam for genera; events in life im noy intophotography an stuff..basic features is a good batt life and a high level of zooming and sleek so it can be portable!! so does sound good? budget 10 to 13!

joelf15 said:
i mainly want a cam for genera; events in life im noy intophotography an stuff..basic features is a good batt life and a high level of zooming and sleek so it can be portable!! so does sound good? budget 10 to 13!

Sleek and high zoom rarely go hand in hand. Look at the Ixus range from canon. Really small and pocketable cams. 3x-4x zoom though. For more zoom, so long as you want good quality photos, size will increase.

^^ Oly have some sleek cameras with upto 7x zoom. This one here - Olympus MJU-840 Digital Camera - 8 Megapixel is quite sleek and uses a very useful 5x zoom. And it has optical image stabilization to minimize camera shake.

Its extremely light as well at only 130 gms. It costs just 10.5k with a 2 year warranty. It will be a bit cheaper in grey market.

Olympus makes pretty good cams. Have used old c5060 and also couple of mu series ones, they were all superb cameras. Maybe they dont have good presence in India, but not bad at all.

Back