Audio Z2300 vs MX5021 vs Wharfedale 9.1 + Norge 2060 vs AE2

All things considered , what would you rate as the best thing to go for. Will be connected to PC and PS3.

Usage is the usual Music > Games > Movies

If the difference in quality is not proportional to the rate , i would prefer to go for the cheaper option (wouldn't we all :p ) But i wouldn't mind spending if it is worth the amount.

Z2300 vs MX5021 vs Wharfedale 9.1 + Norge 2060 vs AE2

Why don't you get the audition for the last 2? I'm sure bajaoo.com would gladly send you the AE2 - in case you are not satisfied, you can return the set back and they would refund you the amount.

For music, the last 2 setups would definitely have an edge over the 2.1 systems. More so, the amp + passive bookshelves combo would be better than the AE2. But do listen to the setups before you decide on these.

Did you not have a similar query sometime back? :S

I have the AE2 and AE5, AE5 is a lot better in terms of sound stage, sheer loudness (without distortion) and has sufficient bass if you are not a "bass head". Skip AE2, they are better as add-on computer speakers for audiophiles who already have a bigger pro-audio setup.

WF 9.1 + Norge is the best option of the three. It will cost you close to 20K (i guess).

AE5 costs about 17K and is comparable, but the bass response might be a tad better with the WF 9.1 setup.

If you budget is low (6-7K). Then, go for MX5021.

Logitech Z2300 is avoidable, unless you want lots of overpowering muddy bass.

Ok, i had a query for fellow members, whats the exact price point for the Norge Amp that is suggested with the WF 9.1 setup?

I really wanna try out the AE5's but i dont think auditioning is possible in Delhi. Would you say that the difference between norge setup and AE5 is enought to warrant spending 3k extra ?

Yes, slightly better sound quality, esp bass. WF 9.1 setup looks great compared to sterile looks of the AE5. Amp + bookshelf combo offers more flexibility and control over sound.

BTW, do keep in mind the WF 9.1 setup will be more space consuming compared to AE5. And, more importantly, keep the stereo separation in mind. It is recommended to maintain a minimum of 5 feet distance between the two speakers.

Am assuming, your prime application for the sound setup is listening to music (good quality music - audio cds, flac files etc). There are instances when average or low quality(128-bit MP3) content sound really bad on such setups, the flaws are exposed.

How much is the SQ difference between these and the Z2300 ? I have to wait till August to get these but can get the Z2300 now... I know the amp setup looks gorgeous :p I do use only FLAC Files

to put it plain and simple, the wharfes will..RAPE the other two option.

Another option is the cambridge audio sirroco s30 bookshelves for 8k

Back