Audio Z5500 and Roccat Kave On Asus STX

Paras, with the kave u dont need an stx card. If anything, i feel the creative counterparts will work better in gaming.
With the z5500, the motherboards optical out with suffice and do the job in the best possible manner.
To keep it simple, u dint need a card but u got it, and if u insist on having a card, then in that case you got the wrong audio card. Sorry....

paraskhosla said:
i want awesome gaming experience coz iam a gamer at heart and always would want awesome sound details in the games like stepping,bombs,explosions,firing etc ( in general )

Stick to your present system, buy an optical cable (MX?) and connect it from the motherboard's toslink port to the port on the Z5500's pod. Enable digital out from the sound devices from the Control Panel.

paraskhosla said:
and to compliment this i want a card which can give me good overall music like romance etc iam not a hard music player who likes the dhum dhum kind of music

Pointless to add a card to the system because if you add one and connect it via the toslink cable, it bypasses the DAC on the soundcard so your soundcard investment becomes pointless. Doesn't matter if you listen to romance or otherwise.

Music like Benny mentioned before is best heard on stereo setups (like a pair of good bookshelves) because they are recorded in stereo. Listening in 5.1 isn't the best way to experience music.

paraskhosla said:
i didnt like the astro when i used it and loved the kave dont know why
I guess you like more power and bass in your gaming sound.

A friend of mine also had the same problem with the astro a40.

If possible get a ax pro.unlike astro a40 this gives true 5.1.it has 8 different channels and you can customize each and every channel to your taste.

Another option is do what gannu said.you will get better sound via the digital output.

I don't know but when I heard the on board as opposed to the xonar dx it was like day and night so I can only imagine with stx

Also I don't know much about technical stuff but I know that sound card is a must for me coz I know the diffeence

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

paraskhosla said:
I don't know but when I heard the on board as opposed to the xonar dx it was like day and night so I can only imagine with stx

That is probably because you plugged the 3 TRS jacks into the system from the speaker and not using the digital port. As in this:

dvd_configure_spks.jpg

Use either of these ports shown on the pic below and find the difference using the onboard/sound card:

420_6172_5.jpg

First of all, I am not getting one thing that why did u buy Essence STX for Z5500-D? This is the question of concern, why didn't u buy Xonar DX? ASUS Xonar Essence STX is purely a 2 channel soundcard and if u are not using it's analogue outs then u are wasting Essence STX coz it's DAC will be bypassed if u use optical outs and the DAC or Digital receiver inside the Z5500-D will get used in such condition which is not even 1/4th gud before the DAC of STX but that's a different method altogether as STX is a stereo channel soundcard.

My recommendation for u: Sell ur STX and get the Xonar DX and save the rest of the money and invest that money on something gud. :)

Cheers :)

The damage has been done already. Always research before buying some thing that caters to enthusiasts. The best thing that can be done now is to trade the Roccat KAVE, for Audio-Technica AD700. Use the Xonar STX as a Dolby Headphone processor.

Yeah You are right Benny, its only compatible with the Xonar ST, btw i already have one, that means going wth an x6 will yeild 5.1 output im looking for from my Xonar ST without using the dac on z5500, right ? please correct me if im not following:-

PS: again just ignore the pic of STX in the image below and consider it as XOnar ST... what say????

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bennysachdev said:
That's only compatible with the Xonar ST card and not the STX.

well to be honest yes, im not an expert but there was a certain difference like lesser jitter etc. also will be able to share my exp after i get my hands on the x6, as its in transit from uk.... cheers

Back