Audio Z5500, Any owners out there...?

Hi all,

Deceided to setup a small HT (sound volume 12x15x10 ft)
Thought of getting a yamaha Receiver and speaker set, but couldn't afford at the moment.:(
So, thought of gettting a Z5500. But...

Since it is a PC speakers, How does it perform on a Home theater environment?:S
does it have enough volume and importantly, Details?

Need the suggesions from owners..

Moreover, How is the resale value?

Last but important, any guys in bangalore using for a similar environment?
Could letme for an audition?

Thiru

They are good at the Price they are being offered at , great for movies and games.

They have plenty of Volume for you.

they have 2 year replacement warranty. they replace if it is tested faulty, they dont repair it.

has enough volume to disturb neighbors. boomy bass and lots of it. resale value is very good. can get 14k on resale.

for movies and gaming its great, for music its good.

^^ enough volume : Yes ! and importantly, Details : Alien Mythology applies here :p

If ur gonna use them for movies n movies only ..then only it makes sense as these are the crappiest speakers for music u'll ever cum across :bleh:

Cudnt bear them for more than 6 months .. lol

the logitech system is the same as all HTIB's, sats and a sub. But the logitech sats and sub out perform all HTIB's i auditioned...and as some persume, just because theres no separate receiver...... doesn't mean it can't do a HT. . It's all built into the sub(receiver/amp).

i would say that the Z-5500 could very well be used as a HTIB. The performance is absolutely good enough to be used where the typical HTIB is used. The only concern would be a lack of digital inputs. The Z-5500 has 1 digital optical and 1 digital Coax, and 3 sets of analog inputs and an analog mini input(MP3 player, iPods) If you really needed more digital inputs, you have to use a digital switcher, which would get the job done.For that price its unbeatable.

as for enough volume YES. :D

cheers,

thanks for the replies guys...

I have one more idea...

When I'm upgrading to a Receiver set, Can i use the same Speakers?

and any way to make teh passive sub as an active sub?

Back