z5500 sub vs wharfedale SW150,morduant short 309i

adder

Skilled
hey guys considering the price of the wharfedale sub SW150 at 16500 and morduant short sub 309i at 16900 ,they both have a 10inch driver and has dimensions similiar to logitech z5500,also the rms rating of z5500 is more then the other two now considering the price of z5500 in todays newspaper,is it a good idea of buying the Z5500.i am not bothered about the sattelites only the sub.

I'd suggest u to hear an audition personally from an AV store n take ur pick;

I'll be surprised if ur vote goes for the Z5500; ;)

If it does, u're a boom fan!!! :lol:

considering the price of the wharfedale sub SW150 at 16500 and morduant short sub 309i at 16900

and the entire Z5500 priced @ 15k [lol, todays newspaper i.e] which one would u think is better?? As a thumb rule??

gannu said:
Lolz... Boom Boom fan eh???

And WTF?!?!? :S :mad:

Hw can u go abt comparing Whars/MS against a lowly booming Z5500 sub???

I'd suggest u to hear an audition personally from an AV store n take ur pick;

I'll be surprised if ur vote goes for the Z5500; ;)

If it does, u're a boom fan!!! :lol:

and the entire Z5500 priced @ 15k [lol, todays newspaper i.e] which one would u think is better?? As a thumb rule??

Well it was just a suggestion from my end.
to follow or not is his work.

wat abt WTF .... ?

abt AV stores.... i had went to a few stores situated at my area... and for the size of the room i have
z5500 gave the best BANG for the buck.

hence i said to get it....

i already own a gigaworks S750,i bought it because of the better mid and highs.i am now upgrading to a regular size HT ,with floorstanders ,but about the sub ,what i want is a clean bass i.e one good punch or a one tight bass.and i am definetly not a fan of BOOM....

anyothers suggestioms for a sub under 20k.

ok guys no more z5500:rofl:

guys what do u think of jamo S606 floorstanders auditioned it and it was pretty good.any other good FLRS i should consider my budget around 20k to 25k.

adder said:
i already own a gigaworks S750,i bought it because of the better mid and highs.i am now upgrading to a regular size HT ,with floorstanders ,but about the sub ,what i want is a clean bass i.e one good punch or a one tight bass.and i am definetly not a fan of BOOM....

anyothers suggestioms for a sub under 20k.

When you are upgrading HT setup with floorstanders, why do you want to get a whole set of 5.1 speakers?
You can not compare those dedicated subs with the logitech 5.1 sub, they are in diffrent league.

you listen to the wharfedale and mordunt short subs and decide. You can also look at polk audio subs, which where good for Home theatre setup. Superczar has bought one recently for about 20k and its good. contact him, he may be of help to you.

gmano said:
When you are upgrading HT setup with floorstanders, why do you want to get a whole set of 5.1 speakers?
You can not compare those dedicated subs with the logitech 5.1 sub, they are in diffrent league.

you listen to the wharfedale and mordunt short subs and decide. You can also look at polk audio subs, which where good for Home theatre setup. Superczar has bought one recently for about 20k and its good. contact him, he may be of help to you.

well i was considering only the sub ,if i did buy it i would have sold the sattelites or connected to my sony boom box .:ashamed: ,anyway i aint buying the z5500.

I guess the the "boomness" of the Z5500 also depends on the source of the music. I agree that when playing regular MP3's, my Z680 woofer booms. But when I play DTS tracks, for example, the Eagles - The Farewell Tour DVD with DTS 5.1, the bass is very tight and does not boom.

I have z5500 and it is not very boomy.This boomy thing is hyped in few forums. You will feel the audio is boomy when you sit very close to the Subwoofer.

When you have good audio source with correct placement of speakers along with right settings,Z5500 will ROCK. And they are completely worth the money.(considering the price as 15k)

+1

i have the reanimation (linkin park) n DJ TIESTO elements of life tour DTS files. they sound tight and right.

ofcourse i dont expect good quality thru MP3s, but again the internal audio decoder of z5500 has a good option of STERO X2 and D-PROLOGIC which really makes MP3s sound so goood
Also the movies i watch on the z5500`s are only HD/BL rips...

(just watched Rambo 4... the bullets sounded brilliant)

BTW i keep my woofer @ 50% ...

my whole setup is placed under a area of 120sqft bedroom (one might think its too big/ bassy for such a room)
well my room never went boom-boom coz of it.

it totally depends on u. u dont want boom-boom, lower the SUB-Output level... u want, then increase !

PS: my uncle owns a set of BOSE speakers costin more than 1lac rupees.
i made him hear my set up ... the look on his face was miserable.

well guys i was auditioning a couple of floorstanders on saturday in jamo i head the S606,C605 & c405.
of the above three i liked the C405 it had a nice tight bass,and amazing detail,while C603 has a very dry bass(i mean very) the s606 was a bit boomy thanks to 8inch side firing woofer.
next i went to wharfedale showroom vectors,those guyies had a poor knowledge and the speakers placment was bad,i first heard the diamond 9.5 it was placed around 5inch from the back wall, it did not sound great,then i had him place the speakers a further 1 +feet away from the wall,it sounded much better ,had a tight bass and i prefered it over the S606,we then went upstairs where the diamond 9.6 it was connected to a onkyo AVR the bass again was boomy,since the place was like theatre room & poor placement of speaker.
next we went to mordaunt short showroom,we first heard the avant 908i which i didnt like, culprit the side firing 10inch subwoofer,we then head the avant 902i ,was shocked to hear how such small bookshelfs could give such loud tight bass and voice was so clear,the amp and cd player was cambridge 340... we then switched the avant 902i to a cambridge s30,now the bass was slightly less but the voices were much better and overall sound looked like it had much more detail.

so now i still need to audition the mission speakers. but so far the best soundings speakers for me was the JAMO C405.

most of the dealers gave a quote above the MRP price.:mad: :no:
the vectors(a wharfedale showroom) gave a quote of Rs28600(MRP 25000) for diamond 9.5 and Rs39600 for diamond 9.6(MRP 34000).

the mordaunt showroom gave a quote of 23000 for avant 906i(MRP 22600)

Back