PC Peripherals Zebronics UPS issue.

Sumit74

Disciple
hello guys,
my zebronics (Zeb-U1200) UPS bought in June 2017 used to give good backup for 20+ minutes.
but now its not even giving 10 seconds backup. i think it's batteries are dead.
what should I do, replace batteries or buy a new UPS?
Thanks.
product link

hello guys,
my zebronics (Zeb-U1200) UPS bought in June 2017 used to give good backup for 20+ minutes.
but now its not even giving 10 seconds backup. i think it's batteries are dead.
what should I do, replace batteries or buy a new UPS?
Thanks.
product link
replace battery. my numeric UPS started crashing on power cuts if system was under load. checked with customer care and they confirmed its a battery issue. went to local battery shop yesterday and turns out one of the two 7ah battery was dead. replaced it with new one. total cost 800. If i had called Numeric service to do it, 1000 for battery, 500 for service charge and 18% GST for it.

your zeb ups is also using similar 2 numbers of 7ah battery. Replace it with exide or whatever brand is already inside the ups

replace battery. my numeric UPS started crashing on power cuts if system was under load. checked with customer care and they confirmed its a battery issue. went to local battery shop yesterday and turns out one of the two 7ah battery was dead. replaced it with new one. total cost 800. If i had called Numeric service to do it, 1000 for battery, 500 for service charge and 18% GST for it.

your zeb ups is also using similar 2 numbers of 7ah battery. Replace it with exide or whatever brand is already inside the ups
thanks bro.
but I live in a small town, I don't think they will have ups batteries here. so I think I'll have to buy batteries online and do it myself or take batteries and ups to pc shop.
how can I determine 1 battery is dead or both?

thanks bro.
but I live in a small town, I don't think they will have ups batteries here. so I think I'll have to buy batteries online and do it myself or take batteries and ups to pc shop.
how can I determine 1 battery is dead or both?
check with a multi meter.If you have not replaced both batteries since purchase, and also looking at just 10seconds of backup you get now, both might be in need of replacement. are there no Home UPS/Invertor or Automobile battery shops in your town? Those are present nearly everywhere these days. They carry 7ah battery

check with a multi meter.If you have not replaced both batteries since purchase, and also looking at just 10seconds of backup you get now, both might be in need of replacement. are there no Home UPS/Invertor or Automobile battery shops in your town? Those are present nearly everywhere these days. They carry 7ah battery
I was also thinking about scooter batteries, and I think electronics shops also deal with invertors s they might have these batteries.

lol, I attempted to disassemble ups but I don't have long enough screwdrivers so will take it to the electronics shop later.
Ty bro.

I was also thinking about scooter batteries, and I think electronics shops also deal with invertors s they might have these batteries.

lol, I attempted to disassemble ups but I don't have long enough screwdrivers so will take it to the electronics shop later.
Ty bro.
You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.

glad to hear that.
hello bro,
it's giving low back up again.
took it to the shop, shop guy said we added new battery there must be a charging issue and they don't know how to deal with it.
I left it there for now using PC without ups for now.
he said he can send it niche(Dehradun etc) but I will get ups back after a week.
what should I do now?

hello bro,
took it to the shop, shop guy said we added new battery there must be a charging issue and they don't know how to deal with it.
I left it there for now using PC without ups for now.
he said he can send it niche(Dehradun etc) but I will get ups back after a week.
what should I do now?
find out whether the issue can be fixed and how much it would cost. if you feel its too much to spend on an old product, then go for new ups and use the new batteries you purchased as spare for later use.

find out whether the issue can be fixed and how much it would cost. if you feel its too much to spend on an old product, then go for new ups and use the new batteries you purchased as spare for later use.
he doesn't know if it can be repaired.
I'm thinking to get a new single battery one. with exchange + cash.

I have a 2 year old UPS. Facing same issue. I don't even get 10 seconds of backup. 2, 3 seconds at most, which is as good as not having a ups. Will take it to the shop I got it from and see what the issue might be.

@enthusiast29 @dexterz I was there for half an hour to confirm/see if batteries are new. he was checking by putting a screwdriver on both terminals and seeing if it was producing a spark.
then out of three batteries he picked from a plastic none were producing spark.
so he told me there needs to be charged then I left the shop and then he put those batteries in my presence later.
remove the lead protection caps
I don't remember any caps.
what should be the reading?
I have a 2 year old UPS. Facing same issue. I don't even get 10 seconds of backup. 2, 3 seconds at most, which is as good as not having a ups. Will take it to the shop I got it from and see what the issue might be.
go to a good shop.

I was there for half an hour to confirm/see if batteries are new. he was checking by putting a screwdriver on both terminals and seeing if it was producing a spark.
then out of three batteries he picked from a plastic none were producing spark.
This doesn't prove if they were new. Any charged battery when shorted will produce spark even your old one if it has any charge left.
Well there's another method to check. Try checking manufactured date if you can.

This doesn't prove if they were new. Any charged battery when shorted will produce spark even your old one if it has any charge left.
Well there's another method to check. Try checking manufactured date if you can.
yes, you're right one of my old batteries were producing spark.
okay I will see if there is a manufacturing date for new batteries on 13 Feb

have not used zebronics UPS. Does it have analogue circulatory ( you can see diode, capacitors, etc) or just a single circuit ( a circuit and the transformer) ?
If its a single circuit - chances of repair is almost nil and look for new ups for peace of mind.
the symptoms you saying points towards faulty charging mechanism of the UPS.

Battery manufacturing date is engraved in back of battery, look for two dials one show month other show year of manufacturing.
don't worry much about how old it is, newer is always better, but anything manufactured in last 6 month is good.
Each exide battery comes with 1yr warranty - if you suspect it faulty they will replace it.
get it checked with a multi-meter, shorting battery terminal for spark is not ideal way to check battery and is bad for battery.

Back