Zen Vision vs Zen Vision W

Sanav3

Adept
Now, there is a big catch to playing video files on the Creative Zen Vision. First of all, it does not support your typical MPG, AVI, ASF file, although the system says it does. We had to convert most of our files using Windows Media Player 10 before they would play on the Zen Vision. This can take quite a long time to do so, and would have been nice if we could have kept the files in their native format. A lot of DivX and Xvid files use the .AVI extension but we had to convert them before using them on our Zen Vision. Talk about a pain in the butt.

Source - Creative Labs Zen Vision 30GB Review and User Opinions. MP3 & Media Players Reviews by Digital Trends.

The Zen vision is cheaper and smaller...
Zen Vision W is costlier...and bigger dimensions... not pocket able...
IF the above Quoted text abt Zen Vision is true...then its useless buying a Zen Vision....

I cant find any confirmation on any other site....CAN ANYONE HELP HERE???

-Sanju

I am using the Zen Vision W for the past 2 months.

I have faced no problem with MPG files. With Divx/Xvid, the video codec is not the problem its the AC3 soundtrack that is not playable.

As for WMV yes many files are having problems which vary from Bitrate to Codec version.

To be fair I think Creative video players are much better than Ipod in terms of codec support.

I know that Zen Vision W is a better version...
but its bigger on dimensions n bulkier..

looking forward 2 buy a Zen Vision...its smaller n more pocket able...
so any hands on experiences or if anyone can dig up a link ...wud be more than thankful...

THeres 3 models:

Zen Vision M - small ipodlike

Zen Vision W - widescreen, large screen but lower res than the next model, cheaper slightly

Zen Vision - Older widescreen model, slightly smaller screen than ZVW but much higher resolution resulting in sharper display, which is more expensive.

Check newegg for exact spec comparison!

memories_dv said:
THeres 3 models:
Zen Vision M - small ipodlike
Zen Vision W - widescreen, large screen but lower res than the next model, cheaper slightly
Zen Vision - Older widescreen model, slightly smaller screen than ZVW but much higher resolution resulting in sharper display, which is more expensive.
Check newegg for exact spec comparison!

thx dude...
the Zen Vision M and da Zen Vision W manages to play videos without conversion ...
but my query is about the ZEN VISION ??

Back