Zidane Is Only Human! :(

mumbaimirror said:
Head of god
Twenty years ago, Diego Maradona proved he was only human. In Sunday night’s final, it was another hero’s turn...
Agencies
France captain Zinedine Zidane was goaded into head-butting Italian defender Marco Materazzi after being called an “Arab terrorist”. That’s according to reports today. Nobody, after all, wants to remember Zidane as a reckless idiot. Not even FIFA, who gave him an ill-deserved Golden Ball — not after the World Cup Fabio Cannavaro had.

Zidane returned home to France to a hero’s welcome, even the French President Jacques Chirac was there cheering the beaten finalists.

But the question everyone wants n answer to and no one wants to ask is what made Zidane, born to Algerian immigrants, lose his temper in such explosive fashion.

His agent Alain Migliaccio said he did not know what Materazzi said, but confirmed that Zidane would reveal all soon. “He was very sad for everything that happened, but this is life,” Migliaccio told Radio Five Live. “He is a human being not a god.”

And in that statement you have it.
“I know Zizou (Zidane) well and even though he hasn’t told me exactly what Materazzi said, I know that he was provoked. Materazzi said something very grave to him, I don’t know what it was.

“When he is calmer he will speak. When I saw him he was very sad, he didn’t want to end his career like this. He was simply very sad. He is a person who doesn’t say much. He bottles it up and then one day explodes.”

Click here to read the full story

another quote
The former Real Madrid star's moment of madness in his last match before retiring may have been provoked by Materazzi calling his sister a prostitute, according to a report on Brazilian television channel Globo.

Although neither player has yet revealed the nature of their disagreement, Fantastico, a programme on Globo, employed lip-reading experts who said footage of the incident showed the Italian twice insulted Zidane's sister.

The programme claimed Materazzi made the same comment twice before then using a "coarse word" at the French player.

I absolutely have no Hard feelings for Zizou ! Sure wat he did was wrong but then he was provoked to do so ! We should not forget his whole carrier , he has always been a very calm and composed man Like Dravid ! Now It does'nt matter how his carrier came to an end coz he is already a Legend ! :)

Hi Guyz ,

Is Zidane in same League as Pele and Maradona ? This was the question asked in some Programme on NDTV Yesterday ! Do U Think Zizou can be compared to These Legends ? Well according to Me Zizou is a better player then both Pele and Maradona ! He is a Legend Now for sure and Currently best in the world ! So Wat do u Guyz Think ! Plz Vote with Reasons ! :)

Whether provoked or not,he should have remained calm,why ? cos his team needed him,he is the most senior player,the captain,he should lead by example.Somewhere i feel France paid a heavy price for his acts.

ANyways this is just my opinion.

^^ Thats wat we r saying , he may be the God of Football yet he is Just a Human Being ! And any player in His Situation would Have acted in the Same way ! Yes he could have Remained a bit calm but then all Humans make Mistake , Right ?

Ofcourse he is...

Hes the most amazing player there has been since a long time..
Hes on human after all.. But i have to say, that Headbutt, was amazing :eek:hyeah:

Back