Zomg.... my biggest purchase ever....

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Hey guys,

After repeated and persistant eggings by sandy... i just could not hold it any more.

I hit the Buy button on the Cellshock 1000 4-4-4 sticks.... :cool2:

I hope i did the right thing. So i guess the Gskills are definitely on sale now. Rave buddy, tell your friend to decide quick.... :(

Will keep others posted about this.

Regards,
Karan

PS: Right now tried paying directly via the site. If it also gets rejected (like in case of Chaos/Sandy), my paypal verified is ready :( Sigh....

ROFL congrats :D. Welcome to the club :)

Edit: I told jakob of memoryc that he'd be getting more orders soon :p. Didn't realize so soon :rofl:

Chaos said:
ROFL congrats :D. Welcome to the club :)

Edit: I told jakob of memoryc that he'd be getting more orders soon :p. Didn't realize so soon :rofl:

Well I guess u know what the frantic call from me was for>... :(

I am sad man :(

just wondering out aloud....

how much of a perf boost would this give?

say a E6600 generic setup with ddr2 667 OCed to a safe & stable level vs a E6600 with the aforementioned RAM again OCed to a safe level ..

A. What kind of a perf boost to expect in semi-synthetic benchmarks, say SuperPi

B- What kind of a perf boost to expect in a real life scenario, say video encoding?

^^10K increase in AM3, 3K increase in 3dmark 01, 1k increase in 05, 100 points in 06. Tested the render of the sample rabbit model in max 5.1. (no clue if its multithreaded or not but thats the only version i'm gonna use cos i have a legit academic license for it) The average render time per frame went down from 5 seconds to 3 seconds :p. All this is in comparison with DDR2 667.

Chaos said:
^^10K increase in AM3, 3K increase in 3dmark 01, 1k increase in 05, 100 points in 06. Tested the render of the sample rabbit model in max 5.1. (no clue if its multithreaded or not but thats the only version i'm gonna use cos i have a legit academic license for it) The average render time per frame went down from 5 seconds to 3 seconds :p. All this is in comparison with DDR2 667.

2 sec down with same render...imposs...u r kiddin for sure..

Edit: failed to see the sarcasm in your post...lol.

^^Eh what sarcasm :S. It actually did happen. MAX renders are memory bandwidth limited bigtime... more bandwidth the better.

ofcourse but its not that much dependent on RAM...and the 2 products u compared shouldnt gv that much difference...Can you run the test again...Could something else have influenced...

Anyways congrats.

karan, how much was the damage...the idea here is to assess the price to perf equation...

purely academic as i currently am more than content with my tinny rigs :p

Okay tested with the same rabbit model at 1050 4-4-4 and 667 5-5-5. The render times for a 101 frame segment are 317 sec and 504 seconds respectively.

Back