Graphic Cards Zotac or Galaxy?

ontherocks

Disciple
Which of the two brands (Zotac or Galaxy) is better?
Zotac offers 3 years warranty. Could't find warranty information about Galaxy.
Also couldn't find who would handle the RMA for both of these companies.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update:

Galaxy also offers 3 years warranty and would be handled by Galaxy India distributor TECHNOLOGY AND GADGETS, only if bought from them. If bought from somewhere else, it solely upon the seller to provide any RMA/Warranty.

Zotac is better brand considering the two.
Until now I haven't seen a rant regarding the brand A.S.S. but it doesnt sell as much as other bigger brands.

mjumrani said:
Zotac is better brand considering the two.

Until now I haven't seen a rant regarding the brand A.S.S. but it doesnt sell as much as other bigger brands.

Yes you are right.

One basic question among graphics card manufacturers. If every manufacturer makes a card based on say for example ATI HD 5670 with 1GB DDR3 and Fan, and if I don't consider warranty/A.S.S, what would be differentiating factor between them.........build quality?....electronic components used in the card?

ontherocks said:
Yes you are right.

One basic question among graphics card manufacturers. If every manufacturer makes a card based on say for example ATI HD 5670 with 1GB DDR3 and Fan, and if I don't consider warranty/A.S.S, what would be differentiating factor between them.........build quality?....electronic components used in the card?

Brand reputation, resale value, and A.S.S./Warranty are the biggest driving factors when it comes to a single model. Build quality and price tend to be similar. So if you had to go with components while ignoring other factors, just put the specs on a sheet and compare. Whichever is faster (GPU core clock, Memory Speed, memory bus, etc), cooler, and sucks less power is the best.
If a reputed brand is available at a cheaper price than others, its a no brainer to get it.

mjumrani said:
So if you had to go with components while ignoring other factors, just put the specs on a sheet and compare. Whichever is faster (GPU core clock, Memory Speed, memory bus, etc), cooler, and sucks less power is the best.
Didn't get this one.
If two cards are based on the same chipset, with the same RAM, why should the specs be different?

Go for Zotac as it offers 3 years warranty by default,but if you register your product online within 15 days you will get additional 2 years.

So total 5 years warranty.:clap:

For build quality,services go for Zotac eyes closed !

Nalin said:
Go for Zotac as it offers 3 years warranty by default,but if you register your product online within 15 days you will get additional 2 years.

So total 5 years warranty.:clap:

For build quality,services go for Zotac eyes closed !

I have yet to read a post which says they have or have not honoured the warranty after 3+ years.

ontherocks said:
Didn't get this one.

If two cards are based on the same chipset, with the same RAM, why should the specs be different?

The manufactures are given a base from AMD. They are free to test around and over/under clock the cards.

ontherocks said:

Cooler, connections, clockrates and cost are the big 4 to look out for -- some push clockrates higher than others, and will use higher quality memory or testing to get there. Some put more emphesis on quiet or passive cooling while others stick religiously to the reference designs. nVidia gives different manufacturers different deals too, as the earlier referenced Dan's Data article mentioned.

^ Hope this answers your question.

Which of the two brands (Zotac or Galaxy) is better?

Any reason you aren't considering EVGA or XFX? They are usually a notch higher when it comes to Nvidia cards.

My bro used 4 XFX Nvidia card so far and never face any problem till now.
Don't know about EVGA cos its price always higher than other(XFX though higher) and may availability.
Only negative about XFX in India is Rashi handling their RMA ?

I used zotac ,sapphire ,msi ,evga ,xfx cards before .

zotac rma is good ,but cards are not . had some issues .

I don't know much about xfx rma .

but I prefer evga /MSI/xfx ..never had any problems with these 3 brands .

I am using Zotac. The build quality seemed solid and haven't faced any problem so far. But it is still fairly new so can't say how long it will last.

Back