Zune 3 Update

Arya

Adept
Updated my zune with v3.0

It adds games :eek:hyeah: and marketplace to the menu. Two little games (Hexic and Hold 'em poker) are installed. Zune player looks better.

Hope they have fixed the album art mixing problem :)

Mods: Move to portables please.

Yeah tnew update is gud..... But not many new features are useful to ppl in India.....

I almost had my Zune30 bricked during the update... For some reason the progress indicator got stuck while downloading the Firmware update.... After that my Zune wasn't getting recognized by my computer.... After 4-6 hours of playing around... I finally decided there was no other option than to erase all contents including the firmware.... Did that and now its working fine.....

So be careful while doing the update .... Download the 165 MB version from the MS website and then start the installation ..... Downloading the update from within the Zune SW could be risky.....

I got Zune 30. But this update works on this too.

Games are fun...am getting good at poker :D

One screwup: I enabled screenlock(new feature) which asks for a 4 digit password. Now if you do three wrong tries...It gives you an option to reset zune and get rid of the password :S

But yes....its working as a deterrent for people in my office who take it away when i'm not listening :D

Arya said:
I got Zune 30. But this update works on this too.

Games are fun...am getting good at poker :D

One screwup: I enabled screenlock(new feature) which asks for a 4 digit password. Now if you do three wrong tries...It gives you an option to reset zune and get rid of the password :S

But yes....its working as a deterrent for people in my office who take it away when i'm not listening :D

lol so much for the password. :p

Zune 3.0 doesn't have the "add to quicklist" option. So it is still a no go for me despite having improved on all other aspects.

Back