Zune HD Leaked Demo video

Shripad

ex-Mod
Well well well!

Looks like microsoft didnt manage to keep tight lid on what was suppose to be strictly regulated gdgt launch party in San Francisco.

Enough said, have a look. Looks promising for sure.

[youtube]G4c928gG5vE[/youtube]

nah rec looks amateur enough to me, damn i wish MS releases these babies outside the US :( . that oled screen sure is a winner.

It can play hd videos but capacity tops out at 32gb :mad:.

The next revolutionary pmp is the one that gets 2tb of memory.

Plus the Zune series as well as most of the competition lacks buttons for play/pause/back/next and volume that can be accessed from the pocket. It is such a hassle getting the pos' out of the pocket and unlocking the pad just to change the song. I don't understand why none of the companies bother with such a simple feature which is there in most small screen players.

I am rooting for this one :hap2:, although will surely wait for the new Touches.

Also people who buy the Zune HD in September rather than preordering get to customize their Zune. Check the Flyer below.

Attachments

• zunehd.JPG
    zunehd.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 99
me too! i like the zune UI smoothness in the youtube video! waiting for actual zune hd tech specs (what formats it can play) and reviews... plus will see what the new ipod touch brings if/whenever its out... i hope its like iphone 3gs - high speed CPU, more RAM/ROM, storage... better screen resolution than 320x480...

idealy i would like a device as good as the ipod touch which can play many formats and also be able to sync via linux without hassle/jailbreaking etc..

edit: seems zune hd doesnt have email among other things? the killer features for me are the ipodtouch's non-media stuff like email, browser, apps, and especially what i love is that i can connect to my office vpn via the little device!

edit2: another disappointing piece of info: the actual screen resolution is little less than current ipod touch 2g :) i thot "zune hd" meant the screen would be like 640x800 or something! see the pdf linked on http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/13/zune-hd-specs-fill-in-the-blanks-on-video-format-support-batter/ here: http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/Zunespecs_0813.pdf

edit3: OT for this thread: but looking forward to android devices like: http://www.engadget.com/tag/android,mid

^^ its nothing disappointing for a PMP. Its perfect 16:9 aspect ratio. All international TV shows air in 16:9 along with some movies. And most theater releases are later released in 2.35:1. So even on ipod touch, most of the screen space is wasted with black bars.

And with Zune HD you dont have to bother with re encoding the HD or high bitrate x264 BDrips. Just port them over and you will be good to go.

I am seriously thinking of Preordering it and get it shipped here through relatives.

* Product dimensions

* 52.7 mm x 102.1 mm x 8.9 mm (w x h x d)

* HDD size

* Capacity: 32 gigabytes (GB)

Up to 10 hours of high definition video, or 48 hours of standard definition video optimized for device, or 8,000 songs, or 25,000 pictures1

o Outputs

o Headphone jack / AV output

o Other

o Battery: Music, up to 24 hours (wireless off); video, up to 4 hours2

Charge Time: 3 hours; 2 hours to 90 percent

Color: Platinum Silver

Screen Size: 3.3-inch OLED color display, 16:9 aspect ratio

Type: Scratch-resistant glass with Touch input capability

Orientation: Vertical (music) and horizontal (pictures and videos)

Resolution: 480 pixels x 272 pixels

Wireless connectivity: 802.11b/g compatible

Wireless sync: Yes

Connectivity: 802.11b/g compatible

Authentication modes: Open, WEP, WPA, and WPA2

Encryption modes: WEP 64- and 128-bit, TKIP, and AES

Audio Support: Windows Media Audio Standard3 (WMA) (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps; constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) up to 48-kHz sample rate. WMA Pro 2-channel up to 384 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz.

WMA Lossless

Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov) - .m4a and .m4b files without FairPlay DRM up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz.

MP3 (.mp3) – Up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz.

Picture Support: JPEG – (.jpg)

Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV) (.wmv) – Main and Simple Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 3.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD WMV files at device sync.

MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) (.mp4) Part 2 video3– Simple Profile up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD MPEG-4 files at device sync.

H.264 video – Baseline Profile up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD H.264 files at device sync.

DVR-MS4 – Zune software will transcode at time of sync.

Audio Output: Optical Digital Audio Out (requires additional dock, sold separately)

Video Output: HDMI or Composite (requires additional dock, sold separately)

Radio: Built-in FM/HD RadioTM

Languages: English, French, Spanish

1Music estimates based on 128 Kbps WMA files with length of 4 minutes each. Pictures transferred to Zune will be optimized for Zune screen size; video estimates based on 500 Kbps WMV files with 128 Kbps WMA audio tracks. 2Battery life was tested by Zune in August 2009 using preproduction hardware and device software. Battery tests are conducted with specific Zune units. Actual results may vary. Audio content used was WMA 128 Kbps. Video content used was 320x240 WMV9 500 Kbps total bit rate. Batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually hold less charge. Battery life and the number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See Battery FAQ | Zune.net - User's Guide for more information. 3In MP4/M4V container format, Quicktime (.mov) files will transcode at time of sync. 4Standard definition TV recordings from Windows Media Center. HDTV and protected recordings not supported. Must be running Zune Software 4.0 on Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows 7. HD Radio™ is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp.

* Product weight

* 2.6 ounces

* Inputs

* Connector port

o What's in the box

o Included Accessories:

Headphones

Zune Sync Cable

Three pairs of foam earpiece covers

OR you can also look at this sheet:

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/Zunespecs_0813.pdf

ya i posted the pdf spec link in my edited post above :)

zune hd does have its plus points, but it wont interest me unless it has better screen resolution and at least matches basic ipod touch apps like email/browser ...

Back