2GB mp3 player within 3k with expandable memory option.. any suggestions??

sagar.sdm said:
This link says e270 is in stock, as against you saying it is out of stock. :huh: What do you say..?
It might have just arived in their stock, yesterday it wasn't available. If are making your mind to order it rem'ber to order it with ROCKBOX coupon code then can have 15$ instant rebate, so your product price will be 45$ .

sagar.sdm said:
And what actually does ROCKBOX-READY mean..??
Rockbox is an open source firmware for mp3 players, written from scratch. It runs on a wide range of players. It's a like a new OS for player
Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware

On my player it wasn't installed by default, but it's very easy to install. You can install it yourself for your player. It's very flexible and provide number of option and tweaks

sagar.sdm said:
Is it just the discount/rebate, or something more..?
It's a rebate. In layman words your checkout price will be 45$ from foorbi

Can someone tell me which player is better, the Muvo T200 or the Sansa Express. Both in terms of sound quality and general usability.

If you buy do install RockBox its awesome , im using it on my phone (moto rokr) , the sound is awesome , it has excellent skins + apps + games like doom

Well guys... I bought a refurb sansa e270 from KMD. e270 + ep630 = ' what more do I need ' :D . KMD, all thanks for you dude.. you rock. :hap2:

Can I install ROCKBOX, without removing the bundled player software..? and switch between the two when needed ( like dual boot ) :huh:

Does installing ROCKBOX improve the sound output ??

sagar.sdm said:
Well guys... I bought a refurb sansa e270 from KMD. e270 + ep630 = ' what more do I need ' :D . KMD, all thanks for you dude.. you rock. :hap2:

Can I install ROCKBOX, without removing the bundled player software..? and switch between the two when needed ( like dual boot ) :huh:

Does installing ROCKBOX improve the sound output ??

Yes, rockbox IS dual boot. You can press the << button while you press the power button to go into the Sansa OS. Howver, once you use rockbox, you won't go back (except for transferring songs - rockbox can't use the transfer mode for now, so when you connect the data cable, the player will automatically reboot, allowing you to transfer songs/data). Even better, with rockbox, you can put in a good sized microSD card and have even more storage.

Sound quality is very subjective. However, I think that it is better than the ipod, output wise.

can someone help me find a sansa express in mumbai? as of now not a single store has it in stock. most say it's discontinued/obsolete.

i need it by this weekend, going out of town, hence cant buy from kmd.

or any other comparable player, need expandability (mini, micro or regular SD), drag and drop file copy without installing drivers/software and preferably direct usb connectivity (no cable)

price is not much of an issue for a good product

sorry for the double post but i cant seem to edit my post.

one thing i forgot to mention is that i need a player without a big screen. a small 4-line oled is fine, but no photo or video viewing for me. fm is also not a requirement. and no apples :)

just wanted to know as well. Does the e270 have a custom equalizer? where you can set it your self instaead of preloaded presets?

I would say sansa is a good product i still have a Sandisk m240 1 gb for more than 2 yrs.. and no problems till date.

I am also considering a mp3 player... does any mp3 player have an inbuilt speaker(to play without the earphones) and hows the quality of e270's voice recording?

I too want buy mp3 player earlier was having Phillips sa1336 but lost it

now i zeroed on

Sandisk Sansa clip 2 GB

Creative Zen stone plus 2 GB

PLEASE suggest me which one is best and prices

Went to lami today with one agenda: to buy a sansa express. !

took a friend along for company. planned to walk the entire length of lami and then back the other end, covering EVERY store, looking for one piece left over in old stock or something.

first 4 stores, spent about 5 mins in each, went something like this. ask the guy if he has the sansa express. he says no, and calls the disti. disti says the clip is available. guy tells me. i say no. next store.

5th store, i got a phone call. friend asks the dude for the express. he calls the disti and says no. since its raining i'm still inside the store on the phone. i turn to the side and see a sansa express 2gb in his window display!! friggin dumbasses!

ask him how much. he says 2850. i say its 2350 now. he says i bought it for 2650. i say what will you do, keep it in the display forever asking for 2850?

he calls the disti asking for current price. disti says its discontinued plus out of stock so i cant give the price. dude says this customer says 2350 is current price. disti (rashi) says yeah, thats the right price.

dude sells it to me for 2300 !!

charging it now, with a failure rate of 30-35% i hope mine lasts. coz even with the warranty, rashi wont have anything to replace it with if it conks.

Julian said:
Went to lami today with one agenda: to buy a sansa express. !

dude sells it to me for 2300 !!

charging it now, with a failure rate of 30-35% i hope mine lasts. coz even with the warranty, rashi wont have anything to replace it with if it conks.

Hope to get a newer and better model as in the case of Seagate RMA!

Back