AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

I am happy that AMD is finally getting rid of AM4. This was such a major bottleneck for them and they had to stick to it to increase sales and keep current AMD CPU owners upgrade to newer AMD chips.

Convert a Zen 3 chip to support AM5 and it will be faster straightaway (hypothetically). Cannot wait to see how this will work out vs Intel’s upcoming chips.

Damn, that's not gonna go well.
It's gonna go well and that's what Intel should've done tbh.

If AM5 is only DDR5 then the prices will be high initially but that also means that the DDR5 production will ramp up to fulfill the demand across Intel and AMD platforms which will eventually make the manufacturing refinements and better quality binning hence driving the DDR5 costs down and thus affordable. It is also when we'll start to see DDR4 costs going up and manufacturing getting limited just like DDR3 now. It'll take a few months after AM5 launch to reach there but it'll happen.

I'm happy to see the active cooling go away from the x670. The fan on my x570 has been a cause of concern from day 1. (Since I intend on using this system for as long as I did my last, 7 years almost)

It's gonna go well and that's what Intel should've done tbh.

If AM5 is only DDR5 then the prices will be high initially but that also means that the DDR5 production will ramp up to fulfill the demand across Intel and AMD platforms which will eventually make the manufacturing refinements and better quality binning hence driving the DDR5 costs down and thus affordable. It is also when we'll start to see DDR4 costs going up and manufacturing getting limited just like DDR3 now. It'll take a few months after AM5 launch to reach there but it'll happen.
i meant with end users, many with 3000/5000 series waiting to upgrade to this will be disappointed. It'd also be a good opportunity to grab 5000 series and more ddr4 rams for some one like myself looking for an upgrade from the 3000 series.

I don't see the need for anyone using a 3000/5000 series CPU to jump on the very next platform. Maybe for someone using a 3100/3300X perhaps or someone who's on 6 core CPUs but then again they have excellent choice of 3900x/5900x and not to forget the overkill 16 core CPUs as well.

AM5 would not be stable initially for a year most probably with frequent BIOS updates.
Honestly, jinko upgrade to the latest gen ka keeda hai unke liye it's good or if someone's building new from scratch.

Anyone with a half decent motherboard from AM4 is already covered with the latest BIOS updates supporting all AM4 CPUs until now.

Doesn't seem that exciting. No direct IPC comparison. Great clock frequency though. I would rather get a 5950x for cheap and save on platform costs. The latter is going to be massive initially.

Yeah, a cheap 5900X would be so much better for the next 4-5 years at least. Hopefully, prices go down soon. Third gen Ryzen (3600 etc) was the best time to get into AM4. I think AM5 will also follow that pattern. 7000 - first gen pains. 8000 - second gen stable. 9000 - real gains and maturity with DDR5 and SSDs falling to relatively low prices.

I was actually hoping for some word on graphics performance with the RDNA2 iGPU. I was hearing good things about it. Hopefully they will make for decent mid-range machines. Intel's iGPU performance on 11th and 12th gen CPUs is really stellar.

Moore's Law is Dead is calling BS on some of the claims of AMD. Well, not all BS but more like sandbagging/stalling. Basically telling to keep expectations low.
Interesting video...

Damn, that's not gonna go well.
Going to go well. Am4 zen3 cpus are still very very very good. We are seeing heavy price cuts. I paid 37k for 5800x last year and now I can buy 5900x for less. Those who want to stick to ddr4 can stick to zen 3. Those who need latest and greatest can go with am5 and ddr5.

Probably that could be one of the reasons why 5950x dropped all the way from 74000 INR to 53000 INR today, and with AM5 or by end of this year, it will go even further down. DDR5 will become mainstream in 6 months to 9 months within the launch of AM5 as Intel will also be following suit. Now that Intel is back to Tick-tock, I think that 12th Gen was the Tick and soon Tock or its better iteration is going to follow.

Probably that could be one of the reasons why 5950x dropped all the way from 74000 INR to 53000 INR today, and with AM5 or by end of this year, it will go even further down. DDR5 will become mainstream in 6 months to 9 months within the launch of AM5 as Intel will also be following suit. Now that Intel is back to Tick-tock, I think that 12th Gen was the Tick and soon Tock or its better iteration is going to follow.
Intel has been doing tick-shit-tick-shit-tick-shit lately.
1653325238442.png

Going to go well. Am4 zen3 cpus are still very very very good. We are seeing heavy price cuts. I paid 37k for 5800x last year and now I can buy 5900x for less. Those who want to stick to ddr4 can stick to zen 3. Those who need latest and greatest can go with am5 and ddr5.
And i bought 3700x for 29k lol, probably would go with 5800x when it comes to 20k

Back