Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Discussion Thread

Finished this game yesterday. I actually enjoyed it. It was good game, solid game-play just like the previous AC games. Nothing revolutionary new or anything like that in this. But still, I was surprised since I enjoyed it more than Brotherhood and maybe even AC2. I actually surprised myself since I finished this one in just three long sittings. It was definitely much shorter than the previous titles.

One thing I really liked was that true to its name, this time they did actually reveal a lot of the back story about Altair and in a way also what is to be expected off the next big title. I really hated the WTF type of endings of the previous games. This time thankfully, that was not there. Maybe there was something at the end of the absurdly long credits like the previous games, but it was getting too late in the night, so I just skipped that.

Also, I liked the new bomb making system. It was interesting but I used the same 3 bombs(Datura, Smoke screen and cherry) all through the game. I loved using the Datura bomb to take out a target silently or using the smoke screen to get out of trouble. The hook-blade was just meh though.

Anyway, it was a fun game. Good decent farewell for both Altair and Ezio.

Up next, SKYRIM!! Finally, time to take an arrow to the knee myself and see what all the fuss is about. :)

RD274 said:
Don't say bye to Ezio just yet! Watch the short film- Embers too. You know where to get that ;)

Thanks for the headsup! Almost forgot about posting this. Watched Embers a couple of days after I had completed the title and it completed Ezio's story in a near-perfect sense. I believe the video lasted for close to 20 mins. So this is a must watch for those who have completed Revelations and would like to know how Ubi winds up Ezio's life as an Assassin.

prettt, do NOT begin Skyrim just yet! :p

Guys i have completed the SP campaign just wanted to know whether i need to complete desmond's journey

do those secition's contribute anything to the main story line or is it just a look in to desmond's life?

ubergeek said:
Guys i have completed the SP campaign just wanted to know whether i need to complete desmond's journey
do those secition's contribute anything to the main story line or is it just a look in to desmond's life?
No it doesn't contribute to the main story line but its basically just Desmond remembering his past life. It isn't much of a look in Desmonds life ... more like HEARING about his life :p.

IMO if you like first person puzzles then play it or else just watch the gameplay videos off youtube. You can hear the story from those videos.

Gannu said:
Thanks for the headsup! Almost forgot about posting this. Watched Embers a couple of days after I had completed the title and it completed Ezio's story in a near-perfect sense. I believe the video lasted for close to 20 mins. So this is a must watch for those who have completed Revelations and would like to know how Ubi winds up Ezio's life as an Assassin.

Saw the Embers video this weekend. It was a really touching ending to Ezio's storyline. :'( A very well made video too.

They have created two new mysteries now: What did Ezio give in that little box to the girl?
Who was the guy who sat next to Ezio at the end? He did not look like some random person to me.

pretttt said:
They have created two new mysteries now: What did Ezio give in that little box to the girl?

Who was the guy who sat next to Ezio at the end? He did not look like some random person to me.

No clue on the chest that Ezio gave Shao Jun but at least the other guy looked like another horny Italian bastid with the way he spoke staring at some random chick. :p

pretttt said:
Saw the Embers video this weekend. It was a really touching ending to Ezio's storyline. :'( A very well made video too.

These lines which he wrote in the letter to Sofia before he passed away, made me really think of the actuality around me. :(

Ezio said:
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of my life, misunderstanding has passed into contentment.

Love, liberty, and time: once was so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially, mia cara. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. And for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing. Endless affection, mia Sofia.

Forever yours,

Ezio Auditore."

^Yea man, that was a really beautiful thought. Actually, the writing, animation of the facial expressions, Ezio's gestures when he speaks, everything was very well done in the video.

One really feels sad for Ezio though. The dude lived his entire life for the cause of the Assassins, lost his family (parents, brothers, uncle). In the end he found some happiness with Sofia and kids, but then time was already running out for him.

Requiescat in pace, Ezio! :'(

Sorry about not using the spoiler tags. Thanks Gannu for adding them.

^Woah careful dude! Not many have played/completed the game yet. Added the spoiler tags for the last one. :p

Let us see what the next game has in store for us. With a new protagonist (?), I hope Ubi knows where they are headed to.

I thought i would be able to control myself you know...will not play revelations,Battlefield 3,modern warfare 3,Arkham City and blah and blah and blah blah blah...blah contains : Will wait till my iit's etc are over... and another blah: wait until HD7k series are out and etc's...but i could not frigging wait man...saw too many ACR videos which was just to satisfy myself but that increased my addiction even more...!! :bleh:

Searched a hell lotta place and finally bought a 6970..:eek:hyeah: and Finally ended Assassins Creed Revelations in just one Sitting and in full glory..:D..wow what a game and i really enjoyed myself playing it. Watch'd Embers Too...In Short: It was Best Endings to the two Mentors..!

But again, one thing that still haunts me is that
Why did Desmond Killed Lucy in Brotherhood?

One was: Why was Desmond's hand glowing in the end of ACR but Got the answer on wiki : His DNA contains more genetic stuff(whatever,i forgot what was it) of the First Civilization/The one who came before in him because his father as well as mother both were related to FC.

Rest i enjoyed my time off to studying again. :p Will play the rest of them later. :)

Alright started this game it has one of the best intro amongst the series.To be precise the cutscene animation and physics was terrific good enough to challenge the uncharted 2 or the third.But unfortunately that is restricted to the cutscene only.

Altair said:
Why did Desmond Killed Lucy in Brotherhood?

Well it was not Desmond who killed him, he was forced to do it by Minerva. As to why she made him do that, that I don't know. I haven't played Revelations so dunno.

Began the game right after I was done with Catherine. I have to agree with Quan_Chi about the opening of the game; it was fabulous. However, the main game itself is starting to bore me. I'm on Sequence 4 now and it feels like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood all over again, with some minor adjustments. Hope it has something better for the latter part.

Well it was not Desmond who killed him, he was forced to do it by Minerva. As to why she made him do that, that I don't know. I haven't played Revelations so dunno.

Correction: Juno not Minerva and i know that i was asking what was the purpose of Juno in killing Lucy?

Began the game right after I was done with Catherine. I have to agree with Quan_Chi about the opening of the game; it was fabulous. However, the main game itself is starting to bore me. I'm on Sequence 4 now and it feels like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood all over again, with some minor adjustments. Hope it has something better for the latter part.

Thats why i havent played brotherhood.
<
.Anyways if you observe and pay attention then you will find ubisoft tried to make something equivalent to uncharted for pc.

Thats why i havent played brotherhood.
<
.Anyways if you observe and pay attention then you will find ubisoft tried to make something equivalent to uncharted for pc.

LOL! You realize, that the ending of Brotherhood got spoiled in the initial part of Revelations, right?
<

Back