PC Peripherals Best Printer/AIO for Home use

Praks

Skilled
Looking for printer for Home use..

Requirements:
Preferable Inkjet for home use (Laserjet works out very costly)
Black & white good quality prints required.
With Scanner is good, not mandatory
With Fax is good, not mandatory
Colour/photo print not necessary - No Print of Photos at all
Should be small in size.
Refilling of cartridge should be easy & as cheap as possible
(had bad exp with Canon pixma refil & spoiled full head)

I heard HP has cheapest refill of cartridge/new cartridge, Please suggest from your experience..

Budget - 5000 to 6000 Rs

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Looking for help...

Any experts. please

Just wrote the below stuff pn another thread. But its relevant for you too. There has been a lot of discussion on this topic earlier. So advise you to check them also

Buy Epson Inkjet printer, you can choose from various models available. TX111 is ok if you do not need ADF. cost appx. Rs. 3000. Or else you can look at TX300f ( with ADF) Price Appx. 6500.

You can get refillable cartridges or CISS for these printers and forget about high cost of cartridges.

Do not buy HP / Canon as they are not CISS friendly and you will spend a lot of money on cartridges. Sure they can be refilled, but only a limited no of times. You have to spend on new cartridges after a few refills (4-5 times). Hope this helps.

Praks said:
I too wrote it there :)

Again here for your ref...

I heard HP has cheapest cartridges compare to Epson & Canon

Its not a question of which company's cartridges are cheaper. Its whether the printer can work with refillable cartridges. Hp cartridges can be refilled only 4-5 times before you need to buy a new one and then also its a messy affair as they are not designed to be refilled. In contrast refillable third party cartridges for epson printers can be refilled unlimited no of times as they do not contain print head like HP printers.

Oh great.. I didnt know that.

So as per you HP is bad in long terms of refill & all..

Which printer shall I go as per my requirement ?

Praks said:
Oh great.. I didnt know that.

So as per you HP is bad in long terms of refill & all..

Which printer shall I go as per my requirement ?
Epson T11 or TX111 as per your requirement. You will thank me later for all the money saved..... :)

@vin mun

I want to buy a Monochome Laser for my Dad who is abt 72 yrs old. He is not very comp savvy but can manage emails, MS Office, etc.
Pl advice a Good sturdy printer with laser refill cost & cost of new cartridge for easy compasrision.
I read about Samsung new laser for Rs 5499. But am not sure of its refill etc.
Pl advice with model no & approx price.
Thanks in adv
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

asheet said:
@vin mun

I want to buy a Monochome Laser for my Dad who is abt 72 yrs old. He is not very comp savvy but can manage emails, MS Office, etc.

Pl advice a Good sturdy printer with laser refill cost & cost of new cartridge for easy compasrision.

I read about Samsung new laser for Rs 5499. But am not sure of its refill etc.

Pl advice with model no & approx price.

Thanks in adv

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Samsung ML-1630 = Rs.5500/-

most important feature in this is that it has got paper lid which is very important to save paper from dust, plus it is very compact.

@malhotraraul

Samsung refill catridges are too costly.

@vin mun

Among Epson or HP, which offers cheapest NEW cartridges as well refill of old ones.

Praks said:
@malhotraraul

Samsung refill catridges are too costly.

@vin mun

Among Epson or HP, which offers cheapest NEW cartridges as well refill of old ones.
compare the volume my man & as far as possible do not use refilled cartridges.

there is always something of the other demerits in all the models.

For those who have been looking to buy inkjet printers - Epson has introduced new models which do not have compatibles / refillables yet. it may or may not be available in future depending on complexity of the chip. Some of these new models use 73N cartridge, but cant take existing compatible cartrdiges. So if you want to buy, get your hand on eixisting stock of T11 / TX111 printer as they can be used with refillable cartridges. These models have been discontinued and may not be available for long.

vin mum theres a tx400 in croma , which they are trying to sell out at cheaper rates , does that take refill catridiges?

Canon PIXMA MP258 - 3000k or something like that.. been using it for 4months.. works perfectly and easy to use.. the refills ll be costing u the same as the other brands but do check it as i haven't done a refill yet.. def a very good VFM All in one Printer...

i recently got the hp c4788 wifi printer .. its the best for home use .. all other printers like brother , canon samsung may be cheap but after service , availablity of spare parts and print cartridges is scarce.

got it from chroma for Rs 5400 during a sale .. i highly recommend this printer .. u will regret buying any other brand especially samsung as they have this habit of discontinuing the supp;y of spare parts for their older models .. hp is best when it comes to after sales .

Thank you all,

Samsung is totally out.

In Line - HP, Epson & Canon

Here is the final list. WiFi is not a requirement so would not spend extra on it.

Which gives Best value for money, cheapest new cartridges / refill ?

Epson Stylus TX 111

Epson Stylus TX121 - 3000 Rs

Canon PIXMA MP258 - 3000k

@khanvis2009

Thanks, There is nothing on phone to print :) So no wifi.

Will prefer to have Print, Scan, Copy (Fax would be too good), Let me know if you know any HP model

Back