PC Peripherals Best Printer/AIO for Home use

Epson TX111..........................................................

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kippu said:
vin mum theres a tx400 in croma , which they are trying to sell out at cheaper rates , does that take refill catridiges?
Yes it can take refillable cartridges. PM for more information on refillable cartridges for Epson printers.....

Praks said:
@khanvis2009

Thanks, There is nothing on phone to print :) So no wifi.

Will prefer to have Print, Scan, Copy (Fax would be too good), Let me know if you know any HP model
in the future if u decide to buy a smartphone u will regret not getting a wifi printer .. Hp already has an application for the iphone and they are also developing applications for other smartphone platforms like android ..

so wifi printer is a good investment . i had a all in one printer without wifi and got myself a wifi hp c4788 exactly for this issue .

my advice to u would be to get only an HP as their customer service is the best in india ..resale value is also better .

i saw the epson it was nicely priced but the chroma sales person advised me that epson isnt that good when it comes to cartridge availability and after sales .

spend that extra 2000 bucks it will be worth it . hp c4788 check it out ..its the best hp printer for home use .

spending 2000 bucks above ur budget is worth it in the end .. also wifi reduces clutter

khanvis,

A question about this HP printer, if you don't make any printout for several weeks, will the heads get clogged up ?

One of the main advantages of a laser printer is this problem is not there but inkjets have to be used regulalry otherwise it gets spoilt.

blr_p said:
khanvis,

A question about this HP printer, if you don't make any printout for several weeks, will the heads get clogged up ?

One of the main advantages of a laser printer is this problem is not there but inkjets have to be used regulalry otherwise it gets spoilt.
nah i am using it since 3 months ..the photo print quality on this prnter is brilliant .. its a brand new model hp launched recently and its perfect .. no issues whatsoever.. i hardly print and never faced any issue with clogging...

yes laser has an advantage but if u dont print a lot then this is a good buy .. also laser refill is very expensive ... since he wants it for home use i suggest hp c4788 .. the black colour is the new version and white is the older model so be careful b4 buying ...

vin mun said:
For those who have been looking to buy inkjet printers - Epson has introduced new models which do not have compatibles / refillables yet. it may or may not be available in future depending on complexity of the chip. Some of these new models use 73N cartridge, but cant take existing compatible cartrdiges. So if you want to buy, get your hand on eixisting stock of T11 / TX111 printer as they can be used with refillable cartridges. These models have been discontinued and may not be available for long.
Ok....compatibles and refillables are now available for T13 and TX121. These third party manufacturers are very smart....

Just got myself an HP F2418. Its very good, for the price it comes for, great scan quality as well as print is excellent.

Dont worry about the cartridges, as I had inquired about cartridge refill procedure with at least 3 refill shops in Nehru Place for HP 818.

They told me never go with Epson, you never know about the availability of its spare parts, if anything stops working. Also, the CISS causes compatibility issues sometimes, had a chance to see it live. Also, these cartridges may or may not be available in say, 3 yrs from now.

Even, the motherboard for my 7 yrs old HP printer, which had gone kaput, was available everywhere.

Go with HP F2418/1050 AIO - NP prices 3k/3.4k

Praks said:
Thank you.

Can you tell me whats cartridges cost of Refill & new one ?
Cartridge costs may vary by +/- 30

Black 818b - 450/-

Black 818 - 720/-

Colour 818 - 850/-

All these cartridges contain same amount of ink.

For bigger cartridges you have 818L, 818XL, but no idea about their prices.

Also, a refill costs Rs.100 for black and Rs.270 for color. (may vary from area to area, and quality of ink used)

EDIT : You also get 1 black and 1 color introductory cartridges , but they are for demo purpose only. Max 30-40 pages.

blr_p said:

If several weeks, no. Several months, it's possible. However, this varies across manufacturers and the type of cartridges they use.

Additionally, self-cleaning and maintenance routines will use up ink.

Other says Epson TX111

They told me never go with Epson, you never know about the availability of its spare parts, if anything stops working

The only thing Epson has got going with their entry level AIOs, is their INKdividual cartridge (4 separate cartridges) system.

RamPagE said:
Also, a refill costs Rs.100 for black and Rs.270 for color. (may vary from area to area, and quality of ink used)
Thats a ripoff , I have a PSC 1410 AIO and bought a 200ml bottle of black ink for 120 bucks . Have already refilled two times (needs only 5ml of ink) (I use colour very rarely) , I select the "Use only black cartidge" option while printing .

Praks said:
Anything good in B & W AIO ?

Nope, most of them offer both. If only B/W, laser printers are ideal.

Praks said:
Colour cartridges cost too much :(
Just don't buy one.

Leave the empty colour cartridge in there and replace the B/W one.

I select the "Use only black cartidge" option while printing .

Yep, that's step 2. You should find the option in the CPanel.

Praks said:
^^

Is it HP PSC 1410 ?

Is Refill & new cartridges so cheap ?
Yes , its HP , but i think the model must be discontinued now , i bought it 4-5 years back . New cartridges are damn expensive . Black one costs 800 bucks and gives about 150 prints . But i refill it 5-6 times so one cartridge easily lasts >750 pages

@thetoxicmind

If I just put B/W cat, will it work ?

I thought we need b/w & Colour also to make it work ? Doesn't it say missing cat something?

yes u need both cartridges to make it work .. but u can keep the colour one empty ... but both have to be there . and i had the 1410 all in one model ... big time problem of hanging and various other little bugs ... there was a known issue with the usb connection ... the printer could not find the computer .... i had to reboot the lappy everytime to print.. hp released a software update for it but it did not solve the problem .... its discontinued now but its successor isnt that great either .

Praks said:
@thetoxicmind

If I just put B/W cat, will it work ?

I thought we need b/w & Colour also to make it work ? Doesn't it say missing cat something?
Yes, you do need both cartridges for it to work, doesn't matter if one is empty. :)

Back