PC Peripherals cabinet in 2-2.5k

tech_savy

Disciple
hey guys i have the following

1.amd phenom 2 555

2.4850 gfx card

3.msi 785g-e53

I had purchased a xtech cabinet 6 months ago.But the cooling and cable management is not that great.i am planning to upgrade.Will i notice much of a difference or should i invest in cooler master hyper 212?

which is the best

1.nzxt gamma

2.cm 430

3.sunbeam ventmax

If i go with the nzxt gamma.Should i install more fans?which fans?please help me out guys.Also how much can i expect for my 6 months old cabinet?:)

tech_savy said:
hey guys i have the following

1.amd phenom 2 555

2.4850 gfx card

3.msi 785g-e53

I had purchased a xtech cabinet 6 months ago.But the cooling and cable management is not that great.i am planning to upgrade.Will i notice much of a difference or should i invest in cooler master hyper 212?

which is the best

1.nzxt gamma

2.cm 430

3.sunbeam ventmax

If i go with the nzxt gamma.Should i install more fans?which fans?please help me out guys.Also how much can i expect for my 6 months old cabinet?:)

Cm 430 is good choice too

You can expect around 750 bucks for your old cabby

Google them, the NZXT Gamma has received a lot of positive rewies and so has the Cooler Master Elite 430 never heard about the Sunbeam model here are a few links to look into :).

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nzxt_gamma/

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/855

for Sunbeam

http://techwiki.hardwarecanucks.com/product/1MDc5OTM/Sunbeamtech-VentMax-Gaming-Chassis/

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/33182-cooler-master-elite-430-atx-case-review.html

look around see for yourself I'm putting my lot between the NZXT Gamma and the Cooler Master Elite 430,

only con about the above cabinets is they are shipped with only one or two fans max so you have added cost to the remaining fans, but the airflow qualities of the NZXT Gama are really good :), so in the end upto you bru.

Which fans should i add? willl i notice difference in cooling between the gamma and my present xtech caninet or should i invest on cm hyper 212

Do you think you will overclock, even light, cause if you don't plan too no need to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212+, the only advantage you will get is that it will run your system cooler at stock,

for fan configuration on Gamma

4 x 120 mm is what I recommend ( preferably high air flow ), set you back by about 1500 Rs. 2 for intake and two for outtake,otherwise 3 x 120 mm is least that you should consider on your system 2 for outtake and 1 for intake, hope this answers your queries :).

-500Rs price difference

-Both come with only 1 fan. 430 has 1 blue led intake fan......Gamma has 1 non-led exhaust fan.

-Tom's Hardware recently did a detailed review/comparison of several budget cases:

CM Elite 430 Test
NZXT Gamma Test
Final Comparison Results

-It also depends on which one you find more aesthetically pleasing.

-Elite 430 has a transparent side window which the Gamma lacks.

-Elite 430 has tool-less drive mounting. Gamma uses thumbscrews.

-Elite 430 has break-away, non-replaceable expansion slot covers. Gamma slot covers are easily replaceable with screws.

This should help you decide.

Internally, the 430 and the 370 which I have are identical. The 370 cost me 2.1K, and is made of metal so thin you can blow hard on it and it'll deform. The 430 is further disadvantaged because you can't actually install *any* fans in the top blowholes because they interfere with motherboard installation and afterwards, the memory slots. Remember the board protrudes a few mm from the installation spacers which you can see. You can probably squeeze in one fan, but not two for sure. The case is supplied with only two tool-free kits for hard drives, even though you can probably get away with just the one per drive. Personally, I preferred the Elite 334, cheaper and you can actually use every bit of it. The only advantage I got for the extra cash was the hole in the MB tray and the extra side fans. In the 430, even the side fans don't exist.

tech_savy said:
Where is the 370 available?what is the price?wat about gamma?which led fans should i buy if i buy the gamma/430?what about cm led fans?
Cooler Master LED fans 120mm can be bought for Rs. 450, details are ( come with four screws, adapter kit to change from 3 pin FAN controller to Molex ), RPM ~ 2000RPM +- 10%, that is it available in 3 colors Red, Green, Blue. I'm unaware off online retailers who stock these fans, so thats about it I think. Hope this helped :)

Lian Li are more expensive and out of ur budget.

I recommend these- (350 each)
http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/xigmatek-fans-worlds-coolest-looking-fans-169965.html

If your budget is higher get the CM 120mm 2000rpm fan. Make sure it is 2000rpm as the similar looking but slower 1200rpm version is as good as useless. You should also look at the Sycthe Slipstream 120mm.

But if want best performance at a reasonable price take a look at the Sycthe Ultra Kaze ... fat, noisy but the its got an insane 110+ cfm rating.

Hows this Lian Li Model: CF-1215A 120mm Blue LED Fan -at rs400?Which fans offer the best cooling and are vfm?What about non-led?Where is the 370 available for 2.1k?

Back