Credit card for paypal against deposit? help!!!

^ IIRC the Yuva card used to work earlier but it stopped working a few months back. And even while it was working, verifying the account using that was a nightmare. SBI does not show the transaction details online and displays it only as some POS transaction so you had to visit the branch and to get the verification code.

dreamCatcher said:
All financial institutions and service providers (like the telephone/mobile companies) have agreed on a centralized database to collect, store and access the customers info. This is like a precautionary measure before they give you service or enroll you into their offering.

No, they cannot take money from your non ICICI account forcefully. But like I said, they will eventually come to know of your SBI account and this may affect your relationship with SBI as you are a defaulter.

See this is what i feared but why would axis bank want to check my past ? they are giving me the card based on FD anyway its not like they are giving some personal loan.Its not like i have borrowed some money from ICICI and reused to pay those are just penalty charges for not maintaining the minimum balance(i stoppped using that account )Even if ICICI bank informs axis about the unpaid penalty charges why should they treat me bad? i will be maintaining the axis accounts pakka.

dreamCatcher said:
I am using the ICICI instant CC for the past one year(upon your advise if you remember) and it has an annual charge of Rs.500, irrespective of the deposit size.

Just came back from Axis bank but forgot to ask about this.

dreamCatcher said:
Most of the time these are full fledged internationally accepted CCs and behave just like a regular CC. It doesn't matter whether your name is written on the card or not, it still shows your name when you use it. They will programme it before giving it to you. I am still using the same card and have not bothered to request a personalized card.

Good.

dreamCatcher said:
Sam just remember, the FD serves as a security for the card. At the end of the year if you have not paid your dues, they will go straight for the FD amount.

Calculate how much credit you want on the card and go accordingly with the deposit. Because if you misplace the card and if it gets misused, they have your deposit amount and will not hesitate to use it to cover the damages. So the minimum deposit is the safest bet if its just for PayPal use. :)
Thats a very good advice and i asked the Axis guys to set my limit to Rs 5000 but they refused saying the minimum limit is Rs 20000 cant be set lower.

techpal said:
^

So u took FD from axis bank? If yes CC is been issued to u?
I will deposit Rs 25000(20000 FD and 5000 for opening the account) in 2 hrs they said the card will come from mumbai and it will take a week .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hA1d3R said:
^^ re-read it , axis bank dc works
wow i think they will give the DC immediately on opening the account....so i can use it to verify paypal and pay for my sedbox today itself?

techpal said:
In ICICI i think there is no need to open savings account.U just have to take FD of 20000.
I see but i cant go to ICICI :p.

Just came from the bank Opened a savings account for Rs6000... for deposit they said i need a pan card without that i cant deposit anything .The senior manager said he can get me the pan and CC door delivered but it will take 12 days for the pan card if i apply for it tomorrow and another 12 days for the CC....had no choice so agreed....even the debit card will take 10 days max :mad:.

HDFC netsafe did not work for me with paypal today, tried both master card and visa , got this error on the online shop "External error code: 10417"

How long it takes for icici instant credit card to get activated. They told me 1-2 days and 2 days gone but still no activation.

Arjun said:
HDFC netsafe did not work for me with paypal today, tried both master card and visa , got this error on the online shop "External error code: 10417"

Occasionally there are issues with Netsafe, but never saw that particular error. Might be a temporary issue.
techpal said:
How long it takes for icici instant credit card to get activated. They told me 1-2 days and 2 days gone but still no activation.
I gave the request on a Saturday and when I tried on Monday the card was working. The time frame varies I guess. Btw is the FD account active? My FD got created the same day and I was able to see the details on ICICI Netbanking.

How many days it takes to get ICICI ATM/Debit card, cheque book delivered to home after opening/activating new account? Its been 3 days havent received any.And do PIN/Password they send along with Debit card or later?

techpal said:
How many days it takes to get ICICI ATM/Debit card, cheque book delivered to home after opening/activating new account? Its been 3 days havent received any.And do PIN/Password they send along with Debit card or later?
it usually takes 7- 10 days

Back