Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) You can remove the JB dongle once the PS3 is in JB mode.....but you will need do it again, once the system has been turned off or put in standby mode.

2) A simple shut down brings the machine back to it's original state :D

I love the fact that this thing is so simple and doesn't really change anything! Awesome

L33T... Include that in your NEWB Tutorial and I think you've hit every nail right on the head. I guess you can also include the firmware that this is compatible with.

Thanks.

^^ Yeah, I knew that but thought it would make the TUT more in-depth so newer users would get all the info in one place.

2 quick quesitons to the folks who have JB'd their Slim PS3's and I'll be off from spamming in this thread:

1.) I have the power cord of my Slim PS3 connected to a surge protector, which eventually leads to the main wall outlet. So I was wondering instead of removing the cable physically from behind, could I just switch off the surge protector and switch it back on, would that work for the JB'ing process? I don't understand the significance of phsyically removing the cable from behind and reconnecting it. It's essentially a power-cycle process.

2.) I don't have a wireless router at the moment. So those who have FTP'd the 4GB+ files based games, could you try it with a wired connection directly via a crossover cable and check if it's possible to create a direct link between the PS3 and the PC? I have a standard Beetel BX220i modem which has a single Ethernet port. I was planning to connecting it's LAN cable to the PC and then directly to the PS3 and setup an FTP link by entering the IP, subnet mask and the Gateway configurations manually. Has anyone tried this out? Will it work? If it does, I could chuck the wireless router puchase.

Ethan_Hunt said:
2.) I don't have a wireless router at the moment. So those who have FTP'd the 4GB+ files based games, could you try it with a wired connection directly via a crossover cable and check if it's possible to create a direct link between the PS3 and the PC? I have a standard Beetel BX220i modem which has a single Ethernet port. I was planning to connecting it's LAN cable to the PC and then directly to the PS3 and setup an FTP link by entering the IP, subnet mask and the Gateway configurations manually. Has anyone tried this out? Will it work? If it does, I could chuck the wireless router puchase.
^You do not need a crossover cable to connect your PC to the PS3 since the PS3 is Auto-MDIX capable, thus eliminating the use of a crossover ethernet cable. I have used a normal ethernet cable to link my PC and PS3, ran PS3 Media Server on my PC and it worked like a charm.

Here's how you go about doing it: Link

Ethan_Hunt said:
2 quick quesitons to the folks who have JB'd their Slim PS3's and I'll be off from spamming in this thread:

1.) I have the power cord of my Slim PS3 connected to a surge protector, which eventually leads to the main wall outlet. So I was wondering instead of removing the cable physically from behind, could I just switch off the surge protector and switch it back on, would that work for the JB'ing process? I don't understand the significance of phsyically removing the cable from behind and reconnecting it. It's essentially a power-cycle process.

Yup... thats what i do. Just switch it off from the mains after playing.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Yup... thats what i do. Just switch it off from the mains after playing.
So it works? Did you mean switch off the console directly from the mains or the power switch of the surge protector? or either of them will do? Then why do they state to physically remove the cable?

Could you tell me how your PS3 power source setup is and how do you carry out this process?

Ethan_Hunt said:
What transfer speeds do you get with this set up?
I haven't measured the transfer speeds per se but I can tell you I was able to play a 16GB blu ray rip 1080p .mkv file without a fuss.

To everybody who has paid or is interested.... this time , the shipping is not being done via UPS as there are not enough people to share the cost. If you are still interested in it , UPS is ~$24

Check this for shipping options :

http://www.sendfromchina.com/logistics/shipping

I'm currently going to use China Post registered. However if you guys decide , then shipment method can be changed as well...

Originally Posted by Ethan_Hunt

So it works? Did you mean switch off the console directly from the mains or the power switch of the surge protector? or either of them will do? Then why do they state to physically remove the cable?

Could you tell me how your PS3 power source setup is and how do you carry out this process?

Well my PS3 is connected to a power strip. I just switch off the button for the PS3 plug on the strip... They mention physically removing it because in the US , most people just keep the console on standby mode and have concealed wiring etc.... The aim here is to just stop the power input.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Well my PS3 is connected to a power strip. I just switch off the button for the PS3 plug on the strip... They mention physically removing it because in the US , most people just keep the console on standby mode and have concealed wiring etc.... The aim here is to just stop the power input.
Well I'll be damned. I should have known it's largely a practice which the US people follow. Gosh that's a huge relief.

About the post which you made for China post, is that for the second batch, or do you already have the second batch? What would be the difference in getting it shipped via UPS and China Post?

UPS is much faster ... 3 day shipping. China post will be ATLEAST a week. And yeah this is for the order which will be made today. Once i pay for the chips , i can change shipping method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back