"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

I didn't knew where to ask about a credit card so I'm asking here.

My dad recently got a Kotak League rupay platinum CC . The card says it can pay using UPI and I have got it linked with Phonepe and Gpay.

The problem is it's impossible to make a payment with this even with merchant QR I was able to send only 2000 once and after that couldn't make another payment.
Payment gets declined on Amazon & Flipkart.
Am I supposed to use only swipe method?

I can't even send more than 2k at once or any other way to the ones that accept UPI,

I know swiping works coz i did a 10k payment by swipe earlier. But online and UPI payment gets declined.
Try with other apps and Change the UPI pin.
Also after changing PIN , limit is blocked to 5000 for 24 hours

I tried Everything, changing pins, blocking unblocking, and then on net banking i reduced the daily limit a little.
Finally I was able to make a 300rs payment on Flipkart, i thought it's fixed now, so I decided to order a watch for 9790 and the payment got declined again.
Till yesterday I wasn't even able to make a 100rs payment online , today I did one payment of 300rs and now I can't pay again.

I tried Everything, changing pins, blocking unblocking, and then on net banking i reduced the daily limit a little.
Finally I was able to make a 300rs payment on Flipkart, i thought it's fixed now, so I decided to order a watch for 9790 and the payment got declined again.
Till yesterday I wasn't even able to make a 100rs payment online , today I did one payment of 300rs and now I can't pay again.
Why are you wasting time on this rupay linked cc upi anyway? It was/is meant mainly for those small few dozen rupees txns on small merchants. It has higher mdr than visa/mastercard so it will always remain costlier for big merchants to accept & for small merchants it is only free till 2k txn. Because of this, many merchants have even started blocking accepting payments via rupay cc linked upi.

Why are you wasting time on this rupay linked cc upi anyway? It was/is meant mainly for those small few dozen rupees txns on small merchants. It has higher mdr than visa/mastercard so it will always remain costlier for big merchants to accept & for small merchants it is only free till 2k txn. Because of this, many merchants have even started blocking accepting payments via rupay cc linked upi.
Right, might just get the card closed. Have never wasted so much time trying to do a simple transaction .

Right, might just get the card closed. Have never wasted so much time trying to do a simple transaction .
Only rupay cc card worth getting nowadays are tata neu plus (1% cb in form of neucoins on rupay cc upi txn) & tata neu infinity (1% cb in form of neucoins on rupay cc upi txn) capped to 500 per calendar month & only if you purchase decent amount of stuff from tata neu ecosystem (most popular one seems to be bigbasket). Also, RBI has banned kotak from issuing new credit cards so if you closed your only kotak cc then no chance of getting another one until rbi lifts its ban.

Only rupay cc card worth getting nowadays are tata neu plus (1% cb in form of neucoins on rupay cc upi txn) & tata neu infinity (1% cb in form of neucoins on rupay cc upi txn) capped to 500 per calendar month & only if you purchase decent amount of stuff from tata neu ecosystem (most popular one seems to be bigbasket). Also, RBI has banned kotak from issuing new credit cards so if you closed your only kotak cc then no chance of getting another one until rbi lifts its ban.
I already got another kotak card so that won't be an issue.
Why did you even try?
I didn't buy anything with this CC other than that one pos purchase I made sometimes back. I thought if I'm ordering something might as well use this one and that's when the annoying phase started.

The amazon sales with discount for HDFC card, are they also applicable for the partnered cards like Swiggy HDFC Card or Paytm HDFC Card?
It all depends on offers and ALLOWED BINS.
recently i saw that TATA NEU HDFC was not showing offers(MAY BE BEACUSE IT WAS RUPAY CARD).((last i checked was few days back).
Also currently BUSINESS HDFC (non corporate cards ) like regalia /mobeyback business are not working on amazon.
On flipkart they were blocked for sometime but now they are workingg again.

The amazon sales with discount for HDFC card, are they also applicable for the partnered cards like Swiggy HDFC Card or Paytm HDFC Card?
Paytm sbi cc were never eligible for any sbi card sale as far as I can remember so don't expect much hopes from payth hdfc cc but hdfc swiggy cc has no such issues last time I checked.

Also currently BUSINESS HDFC (non corporate cards ) like regalia /mobeyback business are not working on amazon.
Any example product link to check?

Back