"Do you have XYZ Credit Card?" Thread

So problem solved for everybody or is it user specific/luck based now?
Not sure. i reported the issue to HDFC that why non corporate cards are showing as corporate cards and asked them to change it to come other franchisee like regalia gold or millennia.
they asked me to apply for a floater card as a backup.

no not virtual.
Physical cards.
i have 2 cards so i didn't bother to followup.
As far as I know hdfc allow two cc to same customer if one of them is co-branded (like tata neu/swiggy) or virtual rupay, only in rare cases they give a second core physical cc to same customer if their first one is top end diners card (like diners club black) or recently they give second card as their top end newly launched business card series like Biz Black if primary card is a top end card like infinia or diners club black. What is your 2nd card though?

HDFC went ahead and converted my order that was cancelled ( in just 2 hrs) into EMI.
Just got the message.
What do I do now?
Can i get it closed without any charges? or do I will still need to pay processing fees.

HDFC went ahead and converted my order that was cancelled ( in just 2 hrs) into EMI.
Just got the message.
What do I do now?
Can i get it closed without any charges? or do I will still need to pay processing fees.
Threaten them with RBI Ombudsman bamboo mailing to Principal Nodal officer

@guest_999 pls gib input as you would have one of their cards

Just got the message.
What do I do now?
No worries, this happens usually.
It auto-closes after a while if a refund is processed within a certain timeframe but you can also login to HDFC myCards and pre-close the loan over there. It will show pre-closure charges as zero and you can confirm it. It will reflect in Net Banking as closed after a day or two. I even had the processing fees refunded in one instance where I pre-closed after just 2-3 days. You may get some minor pro-rata interest charges + GST on it though.
Threaten them with RBI Ombudsman bamboo mailing to Principal Nodal officer
Chill dude xD

Last edited:
So i did went to mycards on hdfc and closed it.

But ..here is the thing. The EMI was for amount 12063( 6 months) . I cancelled it and I got the refund from them.
Now during closure it is asking me to pay 12150(prorata interest and gst) and asking me to make payment by tomorrow.
I am okay with gst and prorata interest( Rs 100) but do I need to pay full 12150 now.
It makes no sense as my refunded amount already shows in my cc .

So I pay Rs 12150 it will actually go beyond my cc limit.

Kindly help me understand what do I need to do now?
oh and Rs 199 fees shows too .

But ..here is the thing. The EMI was for amount 12063( 6 months) . I cancelled it and I got the refund from them.
Now during closure it is asking me to pay 12150(prorata interest and gst) and asking me to make payment by tomorrow.
I am okay with gst and prorata interest( Rs 100) but do I need to pay full 12150 now.

That pro rata interest & gst I think you need to pay now but that 12150 amt is confusing. If you get the refund in your cc then your cc should have a credit entry for 12150 & if you pay the same amt then there will be a debit entry of 12150 too & both will cancel each other leaving you with just gst & pro rate interest as your actual expense, isn't that what you want?

That pro rata interest & gst I think you need to pay now but that 12150 amt is confusing. If you get the refund in your cc then your cc should have a credit entry for 12150 & if you pay the same amt then there will be a debit entry of 12150 too & both will cancel each other leaving you with just gst & pro rate interest as your actual expense, isn't that what you want?
It is confusing. I will talk to my RM tomorrow and understand.
IF i had seen Rs 199 earlier I would have let this be.

It is confusing. I will talk to my RM tomorrow and understand.
IF i had seen Rs 199 earlier I would have let this be.
That is why I don't suggest buying stuff on emi unless absolutely sure as cancelling/refund is always a hassle. Just keep this simple rule in mind, add all your debit/negative entries related to the txn/order in question & then add all the credit/positive entries (due to refund) related to same txn/order in question & they should cancel each other out after excl any gst/interest component.

Nah you don't need to pay anything until bill generation.
oh and Rs 199 fees shows too.
A credit of 199 saying "OFFUS EMI PROC Reversal" or something like that will show up in your statement if the processing fees were already deducted. I think this only happens if you pre-close quickly. Like before the first bill generation or something.

Last edited:

Yes it needs to be paid instantly because it is the amount that you took out from under the INTEREST CHARGED CREDIT.
if you don't pay it up, it will incurr interest on pro-rata basis.

if you don't pay it up, it will incurr interest on pro-rata basis.
I also thought this when i first preclosed but when/how does this appear in the statement? Because for me I've only seen the following charges in my statements when pre-closing: the outstanding from the loan, pro-rata interest until the date of preclosure and two entries for SGST and CGST on interest.

I did not find any other charges even if I paid after a few days or bill generation so I assumed it's treated like a normal transaction within the interest free period. Not that I'm complaining :p

I also thought this when i first preclosed but when/how does this appear in the statement? Because for me I've only seen the following charges in my statements when pre-closing: the outstanding from the loan, pro-rata interest until the date of preclosure and two entries for SGST and CGST on interest.

I did not find any other charges even if I paid after a few days or bill generation so I assumed it's treated like a normal transaction within the interest free period. Not that I'm complaining :p
I was told this by Customer care , to add the amount and close the EMI afterwards otherwise it will attract interest @ 47% p.a.
So i basically paid after closing the EMI, didn't bother to followup on this.
I was told this by Customer care , to add the amount and close the EMI afterwards otherwise it will attract interest @ 47% p.a.
So i basically paid after closing the EMI, didn't bother to followup on this.
They basically give different information to everr customer

Back