Flipkart.com Deleting Reviews which talk about their Bad Customer Service

Flipkart CC even told me that they are third party and they can not help me after the sale. I have to contact LG to get things right. FK can only help me if the item is damaged or not working.

On their credit, they are being very honest about it. Even if you had bought the TV from a local vendor or a physical shop, the situation would not have been much different. The installation is the responsibility of the company and the vendor really cannot do anything about it.

IMO the fault lies completely with LG. I am not defending Flipkart for deleting the comment but in all sincerity they really cannot do much about it as its not their area of responsibility. On the other hand, had the product arrived to you in a damaged state or was a DOA then it would have Flipkart's responsibility to see that the product is replaced ASAP which I think they handle pretty well. Sadly, even in such a case, most retailers would raise their hands and ask you to get in touch with the company for an under warranty replacement. Dukaan pe aapko check kara to diya tha. Abhi aapke ghar mein kya hua isme hum kya karein.

#Sarath_

You should not compare an online shopping website with a local shop. And yes, if it was a local shop then I would have went there and shouted at him because it is my hard earned money and its his responsibility to make the initial installation right.

Trust me you are lucky that even though it's all screwed up it's with Flipkart. My purchase from letsbuy went missing and they took 15 days to acknowledge it. It took them 18 days to send that response. I have no hopes of a postive outcome as was with my previous purchase with them.

Also FK can sell you the TV, and replace it if it's broken under their policy but fixing up the TV is LG's responsibility as was the case with my Sony TV. In fact if I had called up the shop for the fixture then I am sure they would have given me the number and asked me to call Sony directly, luckily he came by himself.

There has also been a previous incident of FK taking down a negative service review. I am sure by now, you cannot paint them black in their own backyard.

I am actually stressing so much on getting the facts right so that when someone else comes here and decides flipkart is not good and orders from letsbuy, indiatimes or homeshop18, then what will happen...I hope I do not have to tell you what will happen of him after that. Good bless him.

You can see here that FK has gone one negative feedback > goo.gl/LSKVB out of 34
<

Once more I want to emphasise that, if you have screwed up under flipkart and ebay, then you are lucky that you screwed up but in the right place.

But if it is letsbuy, indiatimes and such then a few prayers, a divine pendant, a visit to atleast 3 holy places and a telephone bill twice the normal for a month is a necessary requirement.
<

In case you guys still want to consider Amazon and Newegg, then yes they are better than the Indian websites. But then again, why are we doing the comparison?

[font=arial, sans-serif]its his responsibility to make the initial installation right.[/font]

All you would get is a fake call (to LG) and an unconvincing smile from the shopkeeper. You also get a migraine and a brief momentary celebrity status in the shop. Of course when it comes to the important part, he would either get the LG guy to come to your place or just give you the number. No matter how much you scream at him, he is not going to fix the TV for you. Trust me, I have tried.

Actually maybe I am still waiting for FK to screw up and showing my disappointment this way. This is what happened to my friend on another forum >http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/145536-online-shopping-guide-feedback-thread-6.html#post1516354

Personally was relieved that FK is run by humans. They finally erred
<

Its best to avoid expensive stuff from online sites. I'm suffering after i bought a steelseries siberia from letsbuy. For warranty claim they told me to send to bangalore.
<

Movies , Games , Books etc is good to buy. Mobiles headphones mouse keyboard
<

Deleting negative feedbacks is lame though. Afterall what can you expect from an indian site.

I wonder whether people has really read the article posted by OP. Say i want to buy a product and when i opened the product page all i see is FK service is awesome. Only one out of millions speaks about the product. So the whole purpose of reviews itself is lost. I really find it sensible to give priority to the product feedback rather than FK service.

Its best to avoid expensive stuff from online sites. I'm suffering after i bought a steelseries siberia from letsbuy. For warranty claim they told me to send to bangalore.
<

AFAIK warranty claims are not handled by these sites, for that matter any retailer.

I wonder whether people has really read the article posted by OP. Say i want to buy a product and when i opened the product page all i see is FK service is awesome. Only one out of millions speaks about the product. So the whole purpose of reviews itself is lost. I really find it sensible to give priority to the product feedback rather than FK service.

AFAIK warranty claims are not handled by these sites, for that matter any retailer.

Yes it is not i know. But buying from a local retailer is better!

I got a call from Flipkart today at around 7PM. Finally they have escalated the issue at LG Support. I also got a call from some supervisor at LG and he assured me that the technician will be coming tomorrow to fix the issue.

#Sarath_

You are right. I bought this product from FK eventhough it was almost 1K cheaper on LB. FK is way better than its competitors, but be careful when you buy big electronics items online.

in the mail, flipkart has mentioned that they are only looking for reviews of the products and as it contained review of the flipkart services, hence they removed.. but then, logically speaking, why don't they remove all the reviews which contain praise about how awesome and fast the flipkart service is..

even one or two-liners are included as reviews which go like this " books is bad but flipkart service is great.. received that day.. blah blah.." no info about the product but all about the flipkart..

the thing done by them is not good at all, they should be honest at least to a bit..

PS: i'm a very happy flipkart customer and have had quiet good experiences with them.

EDIT: #devilinearth, just saw the last post, congrats dude..

Let me share my experience where my review was removed.

I ordered a xbox 360 game from this site and received with the seal tampered. Even the Disc had some smudges. Asked them for a replacement and they issued the same after 3 days. This time the box had no seal at all
<

So wrote the following review which was removed as expected.

[attachment=11830:Capture.PNG]

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    385.2 KB · Views: 143
Product Review Creation Guidelines

Guidelines For Writing Product Reviews

Product reviews on flipkart.com are a great way to help other customers decide what to buy, and what to avoid. Here are some tips to writing great product reviews:

Have you used this product?

It's always better to review a product you have personally experienced.

Educate your readers

Provide a relevant, unbiased overview of the product. Readers are interested in the pros and the cons of the product. Make sure your review stands the test of time, and what you write today is relevant even after years.

Be yourself, be informative

Let your personality shine through, but it's equally important to provide facts to back up your opinion.

Get your facts right!

Nothing is worse than inaccurate information. If you're not really sure, research always helps.

Stay concise

Be creative but also remember to stay on topic. A catchy title will always get attention!

Easy to read, easy on the eyes

A quick edit and spell check will work wonders for your credibility. Also, break reviews into small, digestible paragraphs.

What's Not Allowed?

Customer reviews should be relevant to the product in question. The product review section on flipkart.com is for you to share your opinion on the product, and for other customers to research better. Flipkart.com reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:

• Irrelevant review (Review consisting of a combination of random characters, random words, repeated content, reviews on another product.)

• Service feedback, including availability, order or payment related queries (Please use the Contact us form for the same)

• HTML embedded in text

• References to other retailers

• Pricing related comments

• Personal information (Phone numbers, postal address, email address and others)

• Profane comments

• Inflammatory comments

• Copyrighted comments

• Plagiarized content. (Any content found elsewhere on the internet, even if you're the original author.)

• Promotional content

• Reviews by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a competitor's product (reviews by authors, artists, publishers, manufacturers without disclosure)

• Reviews written for any form of compensation

• Reviews given using fake ids, irrelevant user email ids

• Asking for helpful votes

• Review in any language other than English (unless there is a clear connection to the product, like a regional book or a regional music album)

• Feedback about errors in the product description (Please use the feedback form at the bottom of the product page).

Source: http://www.flipkart.com/s/help

Back