Mac OS I finally get it about Apple fanboys

Just to again stir up this thread, I got a Mini for my Dad. He is 83, and he loves it. I think it's amazing for a 83 year old guy to take to a new computer so easily.

Only thing is I git the 2gb mini, and have ordered 4gb RAM from Flipkart. Whatever anyone might tell you the Mac OS does not run well on 2gb RAM.

BTW, anyone buying a Mac, can PM me if they want a great deal on any of their products. Effective students discount without any documents etc. Obviously don't want to post the dealers name here.

Just to again stir up this thread, I got a Mini for my Dad. He is 83, and he loves it. I think it's amazing for a 83 year old guy to take to a new computer so easily.

Only thing is I git the 2gb mini, and have ordered 4gb RAM from Flipkart. Whatever anyone might tell you the Mac OS does not run well on 2gb RAM.

BTW, anyone buying a Mac, can PM me if they want a great deal on any of their products. Effective students discount without any documents etc. Obviously don't want to post the dealers name here.

Can you share the link of the flipkart of RAM for your Dad's mini....Is it 2011 model ? Are you sure those are compatible with the MAC Mini ? Please enlighten..... Mac noob here.

Thanks a lot @ deepakvrao for PM'ing the link, Now my my mini runs a lot cooler than earlier.....upgrade to 8 GB RAM.

Delivered the product b'lore to kolkata less than 24hrs.....totally impressed by FK. (1st purchase though).

I had to buy a new lappy since my 5 year old Compaq had display issues n noisy HDD.

I knew very well what I had to buy and for a few days my mind shifted towards 'seeming greener pastures' by HP and Sony but I controlled my brain and went wid the heart, took the fall and bought a Mac. And Voila, I'm cursing myself why didn't I take the plunge before!

I'm a Mac (and proud..!)

Apple FTW, although, everything you will see in apple is restrictions to apps. I might be wrong, but this is the perception that most "old-school" people who are used to with windows think. So, i'm just planning to sell my macbook air for this reasons

to anybody who is thinking about switching to mac, remember : "Once you go Mac, you don't go back"
<

from my first hand experience.

Back