IC: Seagate 500GB 7200.11

Any updates? When can we expect new drives?

Also, since you are RMAing them do we get new brand new drives or refurbished ones ?

Have recd all drives but 2 , expecting Gurpratap's 2moro , and waiting for Nukes ....i'll be applying for RMA together so that the process is faster without any hitches....:D

PhOeNiX said:
Have recd all drives but 2 , expecting Gurpratap's 2moro , and waiting for Nukes ....i'll be applying for RMA together so that the process is faster without any hitches....:D

We'll be getting brand new pieces right from RMA or what?

Yes

Have applied for the RMA, expecting a reply tomorrow morning....mostly will get settled in a couple of days

Now that my net is up (Hopefully for a few days) ill keep u guys updated

PhOeNiX said:
Yes

Have applied for the RMA, expecting a reply tomorrow morning....mostly will get settled in a couple of days

Now that my net is up (Hopefully for a few days) ill keep u guys updated

Thanks for your quick response. It's very frustating :frusty:

I tried hooking up the drive, after a long time it got displayed but still having weird problems with it. And its not being displayed in disk management. What is the problem other guys are facing?????

thebanik said:
I tried hooking up the drive, after a long time it got displayed but still having weird problems with it. And its not being displayed in disk management. What is the problem other guys are facing?????

what firmware was your drive??

hey banik , pls see if u can get a bad sector check done on the drive, and inform me asap, so i can run ur drive for rma too in the next lot if there is a problem with it

dunno whats up with my drive, it gets detected in bios in one boot and then it does not in subsequent boots. Windows detected it only once the first time i hooked it up and since then i have not been able to make it get detected in windows.

@sandy, firmware version written on the harddrive is 8D15.

@phoenix, i am having a hard time getting it detected, so dont know how will i be able to run a disk check on it but will still try.

The Banik, does it get detected in the bios?

why go through all the trouble of shipping it up and down? You local segate RMA center will take care of it. Segate has excellent RMA services.

Back