IC: Seagate 500GB 7200.11

kalesh said:
Disk send back to phoenix.

Well.. man..packing was like...if you were sending us books....
You should see the packing of KMD :D

He packs so great. Even if I would have kicked around my box of TYs nothing would have happened :bleh:

Corleone said:
You should see the packing of KMD :D

He packs so great. Even if I would have kicked around my box of TYs nothing would have happened :bleh:

Then why don't you order these from KMD? Why are you complaining about Phoenix and Naga? Learn to appreciate the service they're offering you.

TechHead said:
Why are you complaining about Phoenix and Naga? Learn to appreciate the service they're offering you.

as Kalesh said:
Disk send back to phoenix.

Well.. man..packing was like...if you were sending us books....

don't expect anyone to appreciate the service/price someone is offering him if the end product which should be packed very securely as it is very very fragile but it is packed as if it is of no value ;)

i have to agree that something few layers of bubblewrap do nothing to guard a hdd against falls and bumps....not even normal handling if the person doesnt know its fragile...at most it will guard against scratches

for stuff like cards,ram,chips, the box is hard enough and sparse enough for guarding, hdds need atleast a hardcase for protection

phoenix and naga did a good job on getting the hdds but end stretch was flawed and i ended up with a dead hdd

nukeu666 said:
i have to agree that something few layers of bubblewrap do nothing to guard a hdd against falls and bumps....not even normal handling if the person doesnt know its fragile...at most it will guard against scratches

for stuff like cards,ram,chips, the box is hard enough and sparse enough for guarding, hdds need atleast a hardcase for protection

phoenix and naga did a good job on getting the hdds but end stretch was flawed and i ended up with a dead hdd

Rightly said. That was what I wanted to stress upon.

Instead I got an advice NOT to buy from Naga and Ph0enix.

Ok, our mistake. Sorry, guys. Won't happen again. You can sue PhOeNiX if he ever packs anything like he's done with these :p .

Seriously, though, we're both feeling bad about this and PhOeNiX is ensuring that everyone gets a replacement as soon as possible. But, except for spolygon's, there's a chance that the HDDs were defective frm the start.

I say.. let the customer decide what they want.. add an optional 100 bucks extra for packaging.. that way you wont have to spend extra money from ur pockets on packaging .. everyone is happy.

personally I dont mind that...

I think PhoeNiX would not/ should not ask extra for better packaging. He's learnt his lesson and I'm sure all his items will ship with armour grade packaging :) . In fact, he's testing all HDDs left with him himself, which is something even store dealers wouldn't do, to rule out any defectives.

I meant that maybe urs is the only that got damaged in the shipping and the other's were maybe already defective before shipping. It's known to happen in some lots.

Naga said:
I meant that maybe urs is the only that got damaged in the shipping and the other's were maybe already defective before shipping. It's known to happen in some lots.

Oh Ok.

Just want to add that while I was upset about the drive being DOA I want to express my appreciation on how quick Naga and Phoenix were in responding and assuring that RMAs, replacements etc. would be done soon.
And I am sure that in future any hard drives they will send out will be much better packed:)
Hope you guys keep providing great deals here on Techenclave.

A lesson learnt the hard way is always remembered.

But, yes these guys both Naga and Ph0enix have a very good attitude. And yes as someone said, even dealers don't check HDDs or any stuff before selling. That's a good thing Ph0enix is doing.

I can understand what you feel when you wait for something so eagerly and it is DOA. I had gone through it before (Nothing related here just personal experience).

I feel extra $$$ for better packaging should not be done. It should be included in the original quote/price. That way we avoid all sort off complications.

200mph said:
dent ? gone they wont even accept it for RMA now.
Yeah I know. :mad: It is a slight one but, I guess that busted the HDD.

I guess Naga/Ph0enix will have to take care of that. :cursing:

The packaging was really unbelievable. Just the antistatic wrap and a sheet of those air bubbles. Not even the Plastic Box which they give with HDDs.

They have already accepted their mistake about the packaging so I guess that's it.

Dent, what the courier guys put it through a stress test or what. This is totally unacceptable from the courier guys. Ph0enix I think its time to whack those courier's a$$.

Back