Iphone 4 S Officially announced

Waiting for OCt 11 for Nexus Prime now,,, Definately that will make Apple run for its money.. Already S2 making apple loose its sleep.. Though Siri looks interesting

it's a great decision to keep the 3.5" screen . the galaxy s2 4.3" size is the limit , some US versions are having 4.5" as well . The size of the latest smartphones have gone over the limit . i have seen many managers having android devices but i doubt they will prefer android when all the latest high-end phones are becoming so bulky . A 4" screen would have been better suited for this revision.

I sold my Galaxy S few months back to buy the S2 but after having used my brothers S2 for a week i have delayed by buying to ICS .

Apple shares drop 5% on 'disappointing' iPhone 4S launch

The technology industry darling unveiled the iPhone 4S in a bullish presentation at its headquarters in Cupertino, California, but failed to deliver on hopes that it would launch an iPhone 5. Apple's share price fell 19.25 to $356.14, having been up more than 1pc ahead of the launch, as new boss Tim Cook and other Apple executives unveiled a series of new tweaks to existing products.

Analysts at CCS Insight described the news as a "disappointing update other than aggressive price changes, leaving Apple exposed to rival products in mature markets. Will need iPhone 5 in early 2012 to remain competitive."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...4S-launch.html

^ But this time its total KLPD.

People were drooling to see iPhone 5, what they get is like "Khoda pahad nikla chuhiya":rofl:

^^^ thats what happens when u create such hype and only deliver S ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also another thought iphone 2g > 3g > 3gs > 4 > 4s

so if u count they have already release five models in series so they cant call next one iphone 5

Same old thing. If you have a iPhone 4 do not upgrade. If you want an iPhone get iPhone 4 only as its good enough, plus it will be cheaper now. Unless you really want the new one.
And if you are open to any platform go and get SGS2, the current market leader by far.

Disappointing day. So meany rumours, all useless. Last few ones got my hopes up :(

Will be changing my phone in April or earlier. Sadly though, it seems like I will dropping off the Apple bandwagon since there is no reason for me to wait till 2012 last quarter for iPhone 5.

:annoyed:

Amidst all the rumors and hype, we forget there's a technical block as well to all the apple magic.
Here's the 'seedhi baat' -
AnandTech - Why No LTE iPhone 5 in 2011? Blame 28nm Maturity, Check Back In Q2/Q3 2012

I don't think this rehaSh is that bad. Since they apparantly fixed the death grip and made some super specs jump (beats SGS2 in GPU dept) all the while keeping the size (9.3mm) and battery life constant, I'd say this is a sweet deal.
And c'mon that f/2.4 camera, system wide 'sentient' voice recog and that unbeatable 330ppi is pretty great and all set to make it top the charts. Again.
Prime will beat it only to beaten by iPhone 5.

avi said:
Though I am totally disappointed with Apple's event, I must say that I am awaiting to try Siri. It may be same voice commands, when Apple makes it, it makes it perfect. I have good hopes for it.

and also, creating an appointment, changing it to different time or cancelling it over voice seems interesting IMHO :)

You will have to buy the 4S to try this magical function, Apple has restricted Siri voice commands to iphone 4S , so that iphone 4 looks obsolete now :D

sam88 said:
[/COLOR]also another thought iphone 2g > 3g > 3gs > 4 > 4s

so if u count they have already release five models in series so they cant call next one iphone 5
So why they didn't termed it as iPhone 5 ??

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

With iPhone 3GS, they changed internals from iPhone 3G and added a S at the end.

They just repeated that with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S - Same external body and new internals.

Real disappointment. But considering their history this does not surprise me at all.

I believe Apple's strategy is to sell as many 4 and 4S to the masses and then make them upgrade to the next one (IP5) It is not bad for Apple from marketing standpoint. Because with this they are stretching the innovation train so that it keeps the customers like us locked in. If you look at the Android phone, they have evolved too fast. What do you think is next for Android? Bigger screens? We have already seen the likes of Nexus Prime and Galaxy Note. Faster Processors? We already have that in IPhone 4S and pretty much all of the Android phones that are releasing.

Of course there will be upgrades in hardware/software specs, but they will be incremental not revolutionary. If Android would have come out with something revolutionary, then Apple would be worried to release something other than Iphone 4S. Hopefully next year will be different with Iphone 5 having a new and better design than its predecessor Iphone 4S.

Some Twitter Jokes:

As Apple's iPhone 4S got launched, we, as the human race must collectively ask ourselves "Is our second kidney really that important?"

Siri, ummm, just say what you want and phone will do it. Alright, "We're calling it Manmohan mode..." :p

Hey Siri, hw wl u rd txts lyk dis?

I just asked Siri when Occupy WallStreet ends. It said, "Next Friday, when all of the iPhone-wielding activists go in for their upgrade." :p

Sent from my iPhone 4s. *Chills*

Back