Iphone 4 S Officially announced

techno_funky said:
Any idea when the 4S releases in India ??

Officially i feel might be jan or feb.But a big surprise might be Christmas.But i guess in 3rd list INdia will be in.One more list of countries might come where more preference to eastern countries would be given .
mutant said:
Officially, you mean? May be a year if we are lucky..lol

Not that late.If the stocks dump big time.They know where to dump their pieces .

In the Apple Event they said Dec 28- 70 Countries 110 carriers..

Hopefully they have India in the List..

Leaving aside the small disappointments,I am content with 4S...

Its same as 4 in looks, but the Processing power is more than double.

I guess there will be no iPhone 5 then. Hopefully the 5/6 will have an A6 and 4" Screen minimum with 1280x720 pixels ..

Bottom line is that with my iPhone 4, I usually don't carry the charger, however with any of my Android devices, i need to keep one at my office, in my car and of course, one at home, and not to forget all the efforts it take to update your ROM every now and then, so that I can get a ROM which i will have to wipe in another month or so. Simply pathetic, time consuming and too technical for a layman.

Now this is what i like about IOS. Besides everything, a phone is no phone if it dies mid of a conversation. Google will never be able to over-smart Apple at battery life.

Thought i really like the Google Voice, It is the most accurate Voice Input I have seen till date. Looking forward how Apple answers it and besides that "Hey Siri, hw wl u rd txts lyk dis?" cannot not be properly read by test to speach program at present, not just Siri.

Any idea for the iphone 4 8gb..

What will be the pricing as compare to the 16gb..

People with low budget can buy the 8gb Ones

I was expecting this although I must say I was highly disappointed. However looking at the history of iphone launches, it was a pretty sure bet that the new iphone will be an incremental improvement of the previous iphone in the same body shell. All that talk of a 4" screen and iphone 5 were mostly wild speculations. I have to admit that the voice control "siri" feature is a neat idea (if it is as flexible as apple making it out to be) and so is icloud, but overall the entire iphone 4s launch was a damp squib IMO.

Siri has completely blown me away TBH. I wish they were retailing unlocked phones.

sukant said:
99 $ for iphone 4 8gb wtf :O

With the AT&T or Verizon contract. The unlocked iP 4 8GB retails for 549USD.

MAGNeT said:
The prices are with carrier.In india surely the 99 dollar model will cost 16k plus some weirdo carrier plans.

Regarding android battery life sucking.Well most of the Roms are from third party being open.Hence not much testing done for battery life.If too much testing of same would have done it would have been long apple would have been out smarten.

But to be frank atleast i am agreeing its a very good upgrade though most of the specification remains same.

Atleast they are not doing a blunder which with 3GS was launched.

The prices are with carrier.In india surely the 99 dollar model will cost 16k plus some weirdo carrier plans.

Regarding android battery life sucking.Well most of the Roms are from third party being open.Hence not much testing done for battery life.If too much testing of same would have done it would have been long apple would have been out smarten.

But to be frank atleast i am agreeing its a very good upgrade though most of the specification remains same.

Atleast they are not doing a blunder which with 3GS was launched.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Note::Out of all the apple products i only own ipod touch(3) and never owned an iphone.So i am not a fanboi but love amazing gadgets.

Hmm for photography enthusiast the Iphone 4 S is manna, f2.4 would entail some interesting DOF options, and Instagram and Hipstamatic are leagues ahead of any competition.

Gannu where did they announce the unlocked pricing for Iphone 4 8gb, I am hopeful it should be below 15k in India...

Aces170 said:
Hmm for photography enthusiast the Iphone 4 S is manna, f2.4 would entail some interesting DOF options, and Instagram and Hipstamatic are leagues ahead of any competition.

Gannu where did they announce the unlocked pricing for Iphone 4 8gb, I am hopeful it should be below 15k in India...

Below 15k? i doubt it.

And if it does happen..Blackberry will die!

Aces170 said:

Unlikely. The 8GB 3GS sells for Rs.19,990 (unlocked) So as usual this should replace it @ that price point. The 3GS 8GB might dip to the 15k mark if they continue to sell it here. The 4S would replace the 4 @ ~32k-42k (Now that we have a 64GB version too!)

Aces170 said:

iPhone 4 - Buy iPhone 4 for AT&T and Verizon - Free shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

167714e8bfe5964829.jpg

Siri was impressive but even if it works as advertised , how many people do you know that talk to their phones. Just like facetime it will remain on the phone unused most of the time.Maybe when you are home and wanna compose a mail, you might use it, otherwise not. More interested to see how the iphone camera turns out!

this year was abt software.Next year there will be a major upgrade with apple introducing radical concepts like wireless charging,really long battery life, a 4+ inch screen along with major redesign of navigation software etc,etc.Next iphone might come as early as Q1 2012. Apple just didn't take 16 mths to put in A5 CPU and 8Mp camera.they were busy designing next gen iphone.

Back