Microwave Dilemma,Which one to buy??

NAV33N

Skilled
May 21, 2009
I am planning to buy a microwave oven within a week,until now i have decided to get a convection microwave oven as it can be used for baking as well.
i hope i have got this right,my basic requirements are cooking food as well as using it for baking cakes.if i am wrong somewhere then please guide me.
also,there are a lot of brands these days in the market with lots of different features,so i was looking for your feedback on which one to buy.

TIA

Naveen

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
Well all brands are quite good like panasonic,LG and whirlpool.Look for one that has a steel cavity,rather then some bionic and ceramic coat based ones.

Doremon

Adept
Jun 17, 2009
Oil city!
am jumping in between as searching for valid option in Microwave.
Heard that convection with coil type r better idea to go with. +adding steel cavity as told by adder.
Now which brand go for?

dennis_nail

Adept
Jun 4, 2008
I have been using Kenstar for past 4 years.. don't remember the model but it is a 20 litre one with Microwave + Grill + Convection. Quite good. Very recently it suddenly stopped working, and I had a chance to try their service. I called their toll free number and the next day some one visited my place and fixed the problem with charges of Rs. 250/- only (some diode component had blown, which was replaced). I am quite impressed by the microwave as well as their service. Have not tried baking a cake yet :)

There is another one from IFB at my in-laws place (IFB ones are made in Goa plant I suppose) , and it is also quite good at baking and casual cooking. It is cheaper too. IFB service at least in Goa, is very good.

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
Have Samsung 1031LFB in Black..

Working smooth & Fine.. Didnt take white as it becomes too dirty in kitchen..

bitspilani

Disciple
Sep 19, 2009
whats diff between grill n convection ?

i am need for cooking food .pizza and panner tikka.

no baking of cakes n all

cravikum

Disciple
May 11, 2009
Mumbai
^ for paneer tikka get the grill one, but let me warn you the tikka made with microwave will not taste similar to the one made from a tandoor. so do the dishes made using the microwave oven. btw i have LG 20 litre microwave oven which has grill and convection..