Video Need a HUGE Plasma TV: 1080P + 50+ Inches

@Adder - no reports of floating blacks and black level degradation in the 2010 model Pana plasmas yet.. so let's not assume, shall we ;)

@Frank - I agree with Chaos - get a Pio 5020FD or KRP500M. Else, wait for the new Panasonics to hit India.

TechHead said:
@Adder - no reports of floating blacks and black level degradation in the 2010 model Pana plasmas yet.. so let's not assume, shall we ;)
While they are certainly less then 09,in avsforums people are still reporting about the floating blacks.But test from CNET should shed some light

guys i am thinking of getting a panasonic plasma 42" tv. i need the cheapest one with bill warranty in mumbai. can some one shed light what if i buy C series then what features i will miss from the top of the line V series (available series in order of website are C, S, X, G, A, U, V, Z. My primary use is to watch Movies from ACryan Playon HD mini.i will be playing SD as well as HD content from the same player. is this a good combo or something better is recommended in terms of media player / plasma / LCD. budget is 40-50K for plasma and 10k for player.

ujas said:
guys i am thinking of getting a panasonic plasma 42" tv. i need the cheapest one with bill warranty in mumbai. can some one shed light what if i buy C series then what features i will miss from the top of the line V series (available series in order of website are C, S, X, G, A, U, V, Z. My primary use is to watch Movies from ACryan Playon HD mini.i will be playing SD as well as HD content from the same player. is this a good combo or something better is recommended in terms of media player / plasma / LCD. budget is 40-50K for plasma and 10k for player.
Well in the panasonic plasma only the V20 and above models are really good.
Alternately you can also go for a lcd with your 50k budget you can't get the panasonic V series,but you can decent lcds like samsung 40" C530 and in the grey market the sony 40" EX400 for 44k.

Guys, my search is almost over. Going to pay the advance next week for the 50 incher V20 from panasonic (first gen of Panasonic's implementation of Kuro technology from Pioneer)

^Congrats! You will not be disappointed. The V20 is supposedly exceeding the black levels of the Kuro itself. :O

What was the price you were told? Somewhere close to 1.25L?

Floating blacks. Do read up on it as its a problem plauging the G series. To some extent it affects the V series also but i havent dug up enough dirt on it as of now :p

Guys, I have pre-ordered and paid an advance amount for the Panasonic TH-P50V20D!! Yayyyy! Delivery expected this week, but NOT picking it up since I have NO place to keep it. Might have it kept in the warehouse till we make place in the new house for it!

Back