Video Need a HUGE Plasma TV: 1080P + 50+ Inches

Dealer's operating below the MOP & hence wouldn't really like the rates to be advertised. People can always PM me, I'll give the dealer details.

I powered up the TV for the first time at my new home last night, connected Tata Sky HD (HDMI), plugged in the PS3. AND BOY!!! WOOOOOOOW!

This is DEFINITELY the best display I have EVER EVER seen. Period. No calibration. No hanky panky with the normal settings. I have set it to normal mode with contrast set at 5 and the brightness at 0. All modes like vivid colour, intelligent frame creation and eco mode OFF. Absolutely SUPER.

I am glad to have bought this tv and I thank all you guys for your stellar advice to pick up this television. I am in half a mind to buy a 42V20 for my bedroom too. But have NO space to fit it, since it's going onto a cupboard door.

A small review on Tata Sky HD + Panasonic 50V20:

There are just two channels on Tata Sky HD, which is National Geographic HD and Discovery World HD.

The HDMI cable used was the one that came with the STB and it's of ok quality. Entry level stuff. I have better MX HDMI cables (gold plated) and I will be connecting them soon.

Both channels have very good resolution (read: NOT artificially upscaled) and I have set them to 1080i mode from the STB. I have half a mind to set it to 720p, since I feel it will be much better, because that will let the AVR hardware do the upscaling/interlacing, instead of the box hardware, which must be decidedly inferior to the wizardry in the television. Also, of note is the fact that I haven't yet connected the Denon AVR 1910 between the TV sources. I am quite sure that there will be a perceptible difference in the upscaling done by the ABT Anchor Labs chip of the Denon rather than the entry level chipset in the tata sky box.

Now, I watched about 4-5 hours of TV yesterday. Some of it was at contrast 60 ( stock normal mode) and some of it was in burn in mode (contrast 0-5-10). The source content was NatGeoHD, DiscoWorldHD, Dark Knight blu-ray via PS3 and 8MP images via CD again from PS3.

Let me tell you that WHATEVER was the contrast, the reproduction of images in BOTH channels was mind numbing. The details, the correct amount and colour temperature of images, both static as well as moving was pretty much as real as I expected it to be. Black levels were a colossal improvement over my Sony W series 40 incher, and motion and pictures never felt more natural and never looked better. Soft balanced colours, without overpowering each other and lifelike images. Amazing!!! The over-awing 50 inch size also looked fantabulous in the hall, since the viewing distance is well below 14 feet.

I didn't do any critical viewing (which I won't be doing much regularly anyways) and I was happy with what I saw. I didn't see any judder, and no floating blacks or any such anomalies. Even if I did see something wrong, I didn't register it, since I don't have the aspiration for 'THE PERFECT IMAGE'

I am happy with the TV and the scrumptious quality it dishes out.

I hope this beautiful TV lasts the way I expect it to. Hope to have some great moments with it.

Cheers guys! Thanks again!

Back