Nexus 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going through their warranty policy on their site:

We not only offer you a complete nationwide service, but have also established numerous service sites around the world. So, when you are looking for service, you can always refer to the Service Center to receive our immediate support.

Register your product model via the Member site. If you are not yet an ASUS member, register at http://member.asus.com/member/join_member_01.aspx.

International Service Network Procedure:
Please follow the procedure below for service enquiries outside the original country of purchase:

• Step 1: Check your warranty card content to confirm the warranty term and warranty period.
  • Step 2:Contact the service hotline for trouble shooting and return process.
    icon_14.gif
    Find ASUS International Service hotline in your country
  • Step 3:Have your Eee PAD Warranty Card, purchase receipt or docket ready (if you do not have them beside you, we will use the Eee PAD's original shipping date as your purchase date).
  • Step 4:Please back-up all data in your hard disk (ASUS International Service is not liable for any data loss incurred during the service). ASUS is solely responsible for service and examination. We apologize for not providing any forms of data recovery or back-up solution in the process of servicing.
  • Step 5: Finally, you can choose between deliver the Eee PAD to site by yourself or pay for a postage delivery. For some countries, we will arrange forwarder to pick up your Eee PAD to repair center. Please contact hotline for more details.

I got mine last night, 21 days from the date of order.

FYI -its selling for 15884 on homeshop18

Totally dude!

I wanted it now, I bought 3 of these, 2 more 16gb ones are on their way. 8gb costed me 15k (indiatimes) and 16gb ~16k (Direct from playstore)

One for me, one for the sister and one for mom/dad

Hopefully Asus will honour warranty here, even if they don't its okay, I know too many people coming and going.

Also I seriously doubt that these will be available here in October, and even if they are we wont really be sure of the pricing unroll they're launched.

Anyways 1-2k here and there don't matter much, as long as I'm happy.

The only thing I'm scared of are the QC issues being reported on xda. Unless you're really short on cash I'd say buy it, even if you don't like it, you can always sell it here.

I can't wait till October either tbh. Might make my brother get it from the Uk. It's for 200 pounds there so that's around 17k.

Only thing I'm worried about is warranty but a couple of people on xda say that you do get international warranty..

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

If I get it from Indiatimes or from the UK, I don't I'll end up getting the credit :(

Thanks, I'll do that :D

Should get this in around 10 days when my brother gets here. Really really hope that they do honor international warranty.

I am planning to get a 16GB one from USA (relative coming)... Anyone know if it is currently available there or stock shortage??
Also, where is the best place to get from in USA :p

^^staples from 5 sales tax free states + coupon can get you 8gb as low as $169 (in store) , google for info.

The order on Carphone Warehouse got cancelled so now it's back to Indiatimes. And they're out of stock now :mad:
Can't believe my luck! What other sites are selling it in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back