PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

Guys better think of PS4 as XBOX One is not gonna launch in India until 2014 end.

Wow ... that sucks. Any word on when Sony plans to launch PS4 in India? I am sure the Xbox is going to be available in the grey market but I wouldn't invest 40k in a machine which doesn't even have a warranty. As it is Microsoft has a bad track record when it comes to their consoles failing (RROD). I hope PS4 is launched in 2013 in India, wishful thinking, I know.

Afaik they wont release those details...trade secret may be.
No LOL, the specs were already out in Feb. It uses a AMD 8-core CPU (Jaguar) and Radeon GPU with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM.

The new Xbox is also built on a similar platform to make development easier for both the consoles.

This is the only detail available on this website that i posted. Once the console is released i am sure the Dr Fixit guys would rip it apart with the details or can be checked from the SDK for Game developers.

Main Processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeonâ„¢ based graphics engine[DOUBLEPOST=1370986402][/DOUBLEPOST]Also check this - Its a 3d view for PS4. This console looks better than Xone .

https://sketchfab.com/show/b7LzIm8JrnPw4GBDOMBNGYc39qM

You mean iFixit. :p

I knew the moment i wrote it that there is something wrong with it. Thank you for the correction and OT . A video and MS Xone is an always online device as we know it and MS says if you dont have an internet connection stick with X360. Here is the video for it.

This video is great. A glimpse into the future, and it's also damn funny.
[DOUBLEPOST=1371013613][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is just plain absurd to have the 24 hr checkin and all. I mean what if i only want to play offline ever.
What if you're a pirate? That's the thinking behind this. And also the increased profits from limiting used game sales.

So practically just like the PS3 ,PS4 would be faster. Way faster than Xone. Now its on game developers to level up the games and utilize the potential of the console.

Sony buggers did not make a mention of the hard drive either. They could have taken another dig at MS with the replaceable 2.5" 500 GB drive that ships with the console. The Xbone's 500GB drive is not user replaceable.

There is something else with the next gen. consoles. They do not support CRT displays at all! Which means an HDTV with an HDMI port is a must if the user intends to buy the PS4 (or the Xbone). Take a look at the back of the console - no analog AV out port!

ps4-back.jpg

I know of a few of them who still have the Sony projection TVs connected to the PS3. Time to upgrade I guess. :p

Not liking the broken symmetry.
I actually like it. It's almost the same as the Xbox One, but the angular design and the sharp edges give it a modern look. It's also taken inspiration from both PS2 and PS3 and put it together in one package.

If MS removes the DRM, they actually have a better chance to survive as Kinect and other services are better than what the PS4 offers.

Sony buggers did not make a mention of the hard drive either. They could have taken another dig at MS with the replaceable 2.5" 500 GB drive that ships with the console. The Xbone's 500GB drive is not user replaceable.

There is something else with the next gen. consoles. They do not support CRT displays at all! Which means an HDTV with an HDMI port is a must if the user intends to buy the PS4 (or the Xbone). Take a look at the back of the console - no analog AV out port!

I know of a few of them who still have the Sony projection TVs connected to the PS3. Time to upgrade I guess. :p

I'm sure Sony will release an adapter or something...and make more money too :p

PS3 and Xbox 360 have sold around 75 million units each although PS3 was launched a year late.

Sony's Exclusive games have not come close to Microsoft exclusives in terms of units of games sold. I'm not comparing quality or review scores here.

Halo franchise alone has sold more than God of War, Uncharted and KillZone put together, the 3 marquee franchises of SONY. Dont know the figures for Gran Turismo series.

Playstation 2 sold 150 Million units on the back of GTA III, Gran Turismo games and it was a system seller.

Microsoft has tons of cash and they are very good in marketing Xbox and making it synonymous with games like Call of Duty, Madden, Minecraft etc and primarily targets North America. Along with it services in the TV/Cable domain.

Sony has 12 studios exclusive to them but they need to market their games better.[DOUBLEPOST=1371029748][/DOUBLEPOST]
MS needs more exclusives as well. This is one department where Sony tops.

If it does not convert to sales for Sony it means nothing. That's where M$ is so good. Marketing and getting people excited for CODs, Halo etc at any cost.

PS3 and Xbox 360 have sold around 75 million units each although PS3 was launched a year late.

Sony's Exclusive games have not come close to Microsoft exclusives in terms of units of games sold. I'm not comparing quality or review scores here.

Halo franchise alone has sold more than God of War, Uncharted and KillZone put together, the 3 marquee franchises of SONY. Dont know the figures for Gran Turismo series.

Playstation 2 sold 150 Million units on the back of GTA III, Gran Turismo games and it was a system seller.

Microsoft has tons of cash and they are very good in marketing Xbox and making it synonymous with games like Call of Duty, Madden, Minecraft etc and primarily targets North America. Along with it services in the TV/Cable domain.

Sony has 12 studios exclusive to them but they need to market their games better.[DOUBLEPOST=1371029748][/DOUBLEPOST]

If it does not convert to sales for Sony it means nothing. That's where M$ is so good. Marketing and getting people excited for CODs, Halo etc at any cost.

All that gonna end this time!! Quality games going to succeed commercially too! sony FTW :)

Back