Poll on Nokia N8

It is not crappy... till last year the iPhone had a 480-by-320 display and i don't think anyone called that crappy. It may not be the best but it is far from the worst.

dhruvrock2000 said:
@hellgate : Dude... i loved my N900. One of the best phones i'v ever used. I'll have the N8 soon... but the only thing stopping me from actually buying one for myself is the upcoming MeeGo phone. I am super excited for it after using Maemo.
I never gave Nokia a thought until I bought the N900 mostly due to Maemo :) Me too eagerly waiting to see what happens with MeeGo. N8 is not for me.

If another device manufacturer (I'm praying Motorola does) goes MeeGo I would be interested too.

Ok, so very few trust Nokia here.

Anyways poll aside, I got a review sample a few days back. was too busy to post anything. India launch is next week so review will also appear than... in the meantime here are two pics snapped with N8. The pics are resized but apart from that they are untouched. I am not a good photographer so don't pick on finer details.

Taken when light wasn't particularly good

Taken while on the move... speed around 25kmph

I am still in the middle of the review so if you folks have any special request I will try and cover that. Also, if you have any questions, fire on...

The processor is not poor... the entire is GPU accelerated , it doesn't require a 1GHz processor.

Touch quality is great , as good as any other capacitive touch display.

i am definately watching the N8, want the phone to be good really. i have been using symbian/Nokia 5 years in a row....nokia have taken their time...i think they might just get it right this time!!!fingers crossed!!!

^^ you surely sounds like you're promoting N8 here, just sounds like. :)

Anyway I think, I unnecessarily delayed my SGS purchase (because my brother is using symbian on his Omnia HD, and wanted me to wait for N8 :S)

But turns out that S^3 is not totally a new OS, time to get the SGS :eek:hyeah:

All I really expect from this phone are:

• Ability to make phone calls and SMS, and of course great reception quality :p
  • Great functional camera
  • Ability to play back 720p rips either via native or third party software

I expect this to fill the void I have for a dedicated media player to connect to my TV.

I didn't notice a lag on my 5800XM, chances are I won't notice in on this faster device too :)

Threaded messaging in the SMS app , reception is Nokia's forte so you wont have a problem in that.

Camera is wonderful

The mediaplayer supports most formats... even the coveted .mkv :D

Dump ur 720p rip onto it and play it back on an HDTV :D

N82 xenon

N8 xenon flash on normal mode

N8 xenon flash on red eye reduction mode

I have already posted it on twitter.. ID- yogi_77
N86

N8 - 9MP mode

N8 vs Galaxy S - screen comparison , both on max brightness, picture taken by N86

sorry for those fingerprints on N8 screen

@Parv -My dear friend , the photo I took by N8 is in 9MP mode. N8 has much much superiour camera compared to N86. Wait till tom, I will show you first hand how good it is. The led flash of N86 made that board looked yellow while it was a pure white one as represented correctly by N8.

I just cant get it what its with people that make them dislike nokia so much.

Back