Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Mephistopheles

They're both awesome movies.
La Femme Nikita is a great action movie, and it's been remade into a hollywood flick that's pretty good as well.

The Lives of Others is simply superb. It's a psychological drama about a Stasi policeman spying on a playwright and his mistress. You get dragged into both their lives. It's definitely a movie worth watching, and one that deserved all the awards it won.

iamddevil said:
Mephistopheles

They're both awesome movies.

La Femme Nikita is a great action movie, and it's been remade into a hollywood flick that's pretty good as well.

The Lives of Others is simply superb. It's a psychological drama about a Stasi policeman spying on a playwright and his mistress. You get dragged into both their lives. It's definitely a movie worth watching, and one that deserved all the awards it won.
So do you recommend I watch Le Femme Nikita or the Hollywood version?

^^ IIRC, Nikita (the French original) was released as La Femme Nikita in the US. I don't think there is a Hollywood remake. But yeah, it is a nice action movie.

logistopath said:
^^ IIRC, Nikita (the French original) was released as La Femme Nikita in the US. I don't think there is a Hollywood remake. But yeah, it is a nice action movie.
Action? I thought it was Crime/Thriller/Romance

And how's Chungking express?

^^ I would call it an action movie. Definitely not a thriller. And it is nice, but not really extraordinary. No idea about Chungking express. Will have to look into it.

The hollywood version of Nikita is Point of No Return, and it's one of the many movies I like to watch again and again.
Watch both. Though the story's the same, their characters are sufficiently different that both seem different. Nikita feels French, and there's no mistaking Point of No Return for anything but a Hollywood flick.

Chungking Express is a brilliant movie. It pulls you in from the word go. It's very very watchable. It's a little about lost chances, and a little sad. It left me feeling a little nostalgic. Overall, it's a very satisfying movie. And it stays with you for hours after.

LOTR : The return of the king. The best of the lot :D Awesome overall experience, great story and loved the fighting (much better than the other two).

9/10 :D

Next in line : The Prestige

viralbug said:
No kidding. I was literally frustrated by the time those two imbeciles reached the mountain. It took them so much time to reach there, I thought they never would! :|
Ha Ha Ha. Yeah even i started getting frustrated.

Back